The kingdom of Bangli: 1453-1950. Located on the province of Bali.
History of the kingdom of Bangli, 1453-1950
1805: Bangli state re-founded.
1908: State ceded to Netherlands with ruler remaining as regent.
1929: Ruling line nominally restored.
At the time of the royal era, Bangli had a very important role, especially in the late 10th century and early 11th century. In the heyday of Bali there was King Udayana and the dynasty of Warmadewa.
Various inscriptions and important notes about the history of Bali were found in Bangli. Panulisan hill temple in northern kintamani penjalanan illustrates the history of Bali.
The Kingdom of Bangli is a kingdom established after the fall of Majapahit, after Dewa Agung Ketut, the ruler of Bali and Lombok divided his kingdom. Bangli was given a new status as a state or vassal kingdom under the direct government of the Gelgel Kingdom with the appointment of I Gusti Wija Pulada as Anglurah of Bangli on 14 March 1453 AD.
Bangli as a sovereign kingdom free from Gelgel power was in 1686, when there was a rebellion of I Gusti Agung Maruti in Gelgel. Puri Bangli as the center of the kingdom of Bangli was founded by I Dewa Gde Bencingah around the year 1576 AD, after I Gusti Peraupan was defeated by Tamanbali and Nyalian.
Kingdoms on Bali, 1900
The palace: Puri Agung Susut Bangli
Puri Agung Susut is located in the village of Susut, Bangli; there are still descendants of the Ksatria Taman Bali and descendents of Kawitan Maha Gotra Titra Harum.
* Foto palace Puri Agung Susut: link
List of kings
* 1804: Dewa Gede Tangkeban I (dari Nyalian ?-1804)
* 1804-1815: Dewa Rahi
* 1815-1833: Dewa Gede Tangkeban II, child of Dewa Gede Tangkeban I
* 1833-1875: Dewa Gede Tangkeban III, child of Dewa Gede Tangkeban II
* 1875-1880: Dewa Gede Oka, child of Dewa Gede Tangkeban III
* 1881-1892: Dewa Gede Ngurah, brother of Dewa Gede Oka
* 1894-1911: Dewa Gede Cokorda, brother of Dewa Gede Ngurah
* 1913-1925: Regen, Dewa Gede Rai, brother of Dewa Gede Cokorda
* 1925-1930: Regen, Dewa Gede Taman, grand child of Dewa Gede Tangkaban III
* 1930-1931: Regen, Dewa Putu Bukian, grand child of Dewa Gede Tangkaban III
* 1931-1950: Anak Agung Ketut Ngurah (ruler, used the title Anak Agung, died 1961), child of Dewa Gede Cokorda.
Rulers (title Anak Agung):
1805 – 1810 Dewa Rahi
1810 – 1815 Dewa Gede Tangkaban I
1815 – 1833 Dewa Gede Tangkaban II
1833 – 1875 Dewa Gede Putu Tangkaban III
1875 – 1880 Dewa Gede Tangkaban IV
1880 – …. Dewa Gede Tangkaban V
1961 – Anak Agung Made Rai Rama
Old maps of Bali
Bali 16th century
Kingdoms on Bali, 1900
– Intervention of the Dutch, 1906: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali_(1906)
– Intervention of the Dutch in 1849: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali_(1849)
– Dutch intervention on Bali (general): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_intervention_in_Bali