The Sultanate of Gunung Tabur was established in 1810, when the Kingdom of Berau (east Kalimantan) was divided. Located in the district of Berau.
Title of the king of Gunung Tabur: Sultan.
About the sultan
Present Sultan (febr. 2017): H Aji Bachrul Hadie, Sultan of the sultanate of Gunung Tabur.
28 des. 2016: Adji Bahrul Hadie was installed as Sultan of Gunung Tabur.
History of the kingdom of Gunung Tabur
The Sultanate of Berau was a kingdom, that once existed in the district of Berau (East Kalimantan) today. The kingdom was established in the 14th century by the first king, who ruled, named Baddit Dipattung with title Suryanata Aji Raden Kusuma and his wife named Baddit Kurindan with the title Aji Permaisuri. The centre of the government was in Lati River, District of Gunung Tabur.
During the reign of the 13th king (1810’s), the Sultanate of Berau was separated into the sultanate of Gunung Tabur and the Sultanate of Sambaliung. Earlier regions of Berau split up and became Bulungan.
So, 3 kingdoms originated from Berau kingdom:
* Gunung Tabur,
List of sultans
- 1820 – 1834 – Zainul Abidin II bin Badruddin
- 1834 – 1850 – Ayi Kuning II bin Zainul Abidin
- 1850 – 1876 – Amiruddin Maharaja Dendah I
- 1876 – 1882 – Hasanuddin II Maharaja Dendah II bin Amiruddin
- 1882 – … . Sultan Siranuddin
- … – 1921 Maulana Ahmad (bupati)
- 1921 – 1951 – Muhammad Khalifatullah Jalaluddin
1951 – 1960 Aji Raden Muhammad Ayub
Palace of the kingdom
* Foto palace “Batiwakkal”: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kesultanan Gunung Tabur di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kesultanan Gunung Tabur di Melayuonline: link
– Sejarah kesultanan Gunung Tabur abad ke-17: http://www.bimbie.com/sejarah-kesultanan-gunung-tabur.htm
– Sejarah kerajaan Gunung Tabur dan Sambaliung: http://www.wisatapedia.net/index.php/telusur/kalimantan-timur/obyek-wisata/kesultanan-gunung-tabur-dan-sambaliung/
– Daftar Raja: Wiki
– Gunung Tabur on Facebook: link