The Sultanate of Gunung Tabur, 1810 – 1953. The Sultanate of Gunung Tabur is a kingdom, that was the result of the split of the Sultanate of Berau into the the sultanate of Gunung Tabur and the sultanate of Sambaliung in 1810.
Title of the king of Gunung Tabur: Sultan.
District of Berau
Foto sultanate of Gunung Tabur
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
SULTANATE OF GUNUNG TABUR
About the sultan
Present Sultan (2020): H Aji Bachrul Hadie, Sultan of the sultanate of Gunung Tabur.
The sultan was installed 28 dec. 2016.
History of the kingdom of Gunung Tabur, 1810 – 1953
The kingdom of Berau emerged from five “regions” (also called “Banuwa”) and two “kampung”, ie administrative regions in effect at that time.
During the reign of Sultan Muhammad Hasanuddin (1731-1767) and Sultan Zainal Abidin (1779-1800), Islam became the religion of the majority of Berau. The title “Sultan” which carried the king (as a substitute for “Aji”) is a marker that Islam is the official religion of the empire.
The seed of the split up within the royal family, started after the reign of Aji Dilayas, king Berau the 9th. The King had many descendants. Two of them were as powerful as a replacement candidate king, Pangeran Tua and Pangeran Dipati. In deciding who should replace their father, there was a big debate among the royal family. Fearing the conflict will get bigger, there was a joint decision, that the Kingdom of Berau will be led alternately by the two and by the descendants of both. As the eldest son, Pangeran Tua had the opportunity to rule from 1673 to 1700. While his brother, Pangeran Dipati ruled from 1700 until 1731.
About 1810: While descents of Aji Pangeran Tua, the heir to the throne of King of the title of Sultan Alimuddin, got the region south of the Berau, as well as the region of the left and right Kelay River. Sultan Gazi Mahyudi later founded the kingdom of Gunung Tabur. While Raja Alam founded the Sultanate of Sambaliung. In 1750 the sultanate of Bulungan was established.
So, 3 kingdoms originated from Berau kingdom:
* Gunung Tabur,
Sultan Ahmad Maulana, officially last ruling sultan of Gunung Tabur, East Kalimantan.
List of sultans
- 1820 – 1834 – Zainul Abidin II bin Badruddin
- 1834 – 1850 – Ayi Kuning II bin Zainul Abidin
- 1850 – 1876 – Amiruddin Maharaja Dendah I
- 1876 – 1882 – Hasanuddin II Maharaja Dendah II bin Amiruddin
- 1882 – … . Sultan Siranuddin
- … – 1921 Maulana Ahmad (bupati)
- 1921 – 1951 – Muhammad Khalifatullah Jalaluddin
1951 – 1960 Aji Raden Muhammad Ayub
Palace of the kingdom, Museum Batiwakkal
The Gunung Tabur Palace in 1945 was destroyed by a bomd and burned. Now on the place of the former palace is the Batiwakkal Museum. The last sultan of Gunung Tabur never stayed at the Batiwakkal Museum.
* Foto palace “Batiwakkal”: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kesultanan Gunung Tabur di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kesultanan Gunung Tabur abad ke-17: http://www.bimbie.com/sejarah-kesultanan-gunung-tabur.htm
– Sejarah kerajaan Gunung Tabur dan Sambaliung: http://www.wisatapedia.net/index.php/telusur/kalimantan-timur/obyek-wisata/kesultanan-gunung-tabur-dan-sambaliung/
– Daftar Raja: Wiki
– Gunung Tabur on Facebook: link
Kingdoms on east Kalimantan