The kingdom of Mollo (OEnam) is located on the island of Timor, District Timor Tengah Selatan, prov. Nusa Tenggara Timur.
District Timor Tengah Selatan
Location of Timor
* Foto kingdom of Mollo: link
About the king
King of Mollo: Usif Pah Donald Ernest Tbelto Oematan, since 2014.
He is the oldest son, of late king Edison Richard Ferdinand Oematan; installed 12-5-2001. He died 19 november 2014.
History of the kingdom
1. To Oematan
As fetor Mollo, To Oematan (to Luke’mtasa) he was installed as first king 10 Mei 1916.
2. Tabelak Oematan
Second king of Mollo, Tabelak Oematan (baptismal name Welem Frederick Henderik Oematan), was a foster child also a nephew from To Oematan. The original table named Lay A Koen (sister of To Oematan’s son who married a Chinese descendant), Lay A Koen’s crowning as king of Mollo itself was agreed upon by fetor Nun Bena, Netpala fetor, Bes-Ana fetor and Tobu fetor.
King Tableak married the daughter of King Korbafo (of Rote) named Luisa Manubulu and had children: Welem Cornelis Henderik Oematan (former regent of Kupang first) and Semuel Soleman Henderik Oematan (former first North Mollo district).
3. Kono Oematan
He is from Nunbena, he ruled about 3,5 years.
4. Raja Tua Sonba’i (ruled 30-10-1933 – 12-04-1959)
He ruled Mollo for 26 years.
5. Raja Semuel Soleman Henderik Oematan
Is the second child of Tableak Oematan, also is the first sub-district ruler of North Mollo, because during his reign the kingdom of Mollo has switched status to North Mollo sub-district as a result of the transition of Swatantra TTS into TTS District. So that his occupation as king of Mollo is only the highest symbol and the unifying tool of the Mollo community.
6. Raja Edison Richard Ferdinand Oematan (installed in Sonaf Ajaobaki, 12 Juli 2001)
Is the second child of King Semuel Soleman Henderik Oematan.
– Source: https://victorbriliam.wordpress.com/pah-tuan/sejarah-kerajaan-mollo/
Inside this palace there are objects, the remains of the king of Mollo which are still preserved. Currently the Ajaobaki palace is visited by many tourists from both the TTS District and from outside, who want to know the story of the history of the kingdom of Mollo.
Old maps of Timor
For old maps of Timor 1521, 1550, 1600, 1650, 1733, 1700-an, 1762, 1900: klik here
Timor tahun 1521
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Mollo: http://febyselly.blogspot.co.id/2014/06/sejarah-soe.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Mollo: https://victorbriliam.wordpress.com/pah-tuan/sejarah-kerajaan-mollo/
– Sejarah kerajaan Mollo: http://lusianustusalak.blogspot.co.id/2011/08/sejarah-kerajaan-mollo-oenam.html