The Sultanate of Gowa, 1300–1946, a kingdom of the Makasar People, is situated in the district Gowa, prov. South Sulawesi.
In the late 1530s or early 1540s, the kingdom of Gowa won the war against the kingdom of Tallo and its allies. The kingdom of Gowa became the most dominant kingdom and was recognized as an elder brother by the Tallo kingdom.
District of Gowa
* Video history sultanate of Gowa, 1300-1957: link
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
SULTANATE OF GOWA
About the King
2 sept. 2014
I Kumala Idjo Daeng Sila Karaeng Lembang Parang, Selasa was appointed as king of Gowa 37th by Dewan Hadat Bate Salapang (DHBS)under leadership of, H Abd Razak Tate Dg Jarung and 8 members of the Dewan.
29 mei 2016
Installation of the king of Gowa 37th, I Maddusila Daeng Mannyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Alauddin II inMakassar.
10 juni 2018
King of Gowa ke-37, Andi Maddusila Patta Nyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Alauddin II, died in the hospital RS Bahagia Makassar (10/6/2018).
12 juni 2018
The new sultan of Gowa is YMM Sri Paduka Sombangta Andi Kumalaandi Idjo Daeng Serang KaraEnta Lembang Parang, the 38th sultan of Gowa.
12 juni 2018: the new sultan of Gowa
History of the kingdom of Gowa, 1300–1946
According to the epic poem The Nagarakretagama, in praise of King Rajasanagara of Majapahit, it lists Makassar as one of the kingdom’s tributaries in 1365.
The first queen of Gowa was Tomanurung Baine. During the ruling of the 6th king, Tonatangka Kopi, local sources have noted about the division of the kingdom into two new kingdoms led by two Kopi’s sons: Kingdom of Gowa led by Batara Gowa as its 7th king covering areas of Paccelekang, Pattalasang, Bontomanai Ilau, Bontomanai ‘Iraya, Tombolo and Mangasa while the other son, Karaeng Loe ri Sero, led a new kingdom called Tallo which includes areas of Saumata, Pannampu, Moncong Loe, and Parang Loe.
For years both kingdoms were involved in wars until the kingdom of Tallo was defeated. During the reign of King of Gowa X, I Manriwagau Daeng Bonto Karaeng Lakiung Tunipalangga Ulaweng (1512-1546), the two kingdoms were reunified to become twin kingdoms under a deal called Rua Kareng se’re ata (dual kings, single people in Makassarese) and enforced with a binding treaty. Since then, when someone becomes a king of Tallo, he also becomes the king of Gowa. Many historians then simply call these Gowa-Tallo twin kingdoms as Makassar or just Gowa.
The traces of Islam in South Sulawesi existed since the 1320s with the arrival of the first Sayyid in South Sulawesi, namely Sayyid Jamaluddin al-Akbar Al-Husaini, who is the grandfather of Wali Songo.
The conversion of the kingdom to Islam is dated as September 22, 1605 when the 14th king of Tallo-Gowa kingdom, Karaeng Matowaya Tumamenaga Ri Agamanna, converted to Islam, where later changed his name to Sultan Alauddin. He ruled the kingdom from 1591 to 1629. His conversion to Islam is associated with the arrival of three ulama from Minangkabau: Datuk Ri Bandang, Datuk ri Tiro and Datuk Patimang.
The most famous Sultan of the kingdom was Sultan Hasanuddin, who from 1666 to 1669 started a war known as Makassar War against the Dutch East India Company (VOC) which was assisted by the prince of Bone kingdom of Bugis dynasty, Arung Palakka.
– Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Gowa
– List of Sultans: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Gowa#Islamic_Sultanate
A geopolitical map of South Sulawesi around 1590, depicting the division of the peninsula between Gowa-Talloq and the Tellumpocco alliance
Kingdom of Gowa end 19th century and begin 20th century
List of Kings
7) 1400-an: Batara Gowa Tumenanaga ri Parallakkenna
8) 1400-an: I Pakeretana Tunijallo ri Passukki
9) 1400-an: Tumaparisi’ Kallonna
10) 1546: I Manrimagau Daeng Bonto Karaeng Lakiung Tunipallangga Ulaweng
12) 1565-1590: I Manggorai Daeng Mammeta Karaeng Bontolangkasa Tunijallo
13) 1601-1653: I Tepu Karaeng Daeng Parabbung Tunipasulu
14) 15-6-1639: Wafat: I Mangu’rangi Daeng Manrabbia Sultan Alauddin Tumenanga ri Gaukanna
15) 11-12-1605 (lahir)-6-11-1635 (wafat): I Mannuntungi Daeng Mattola Karaeng Lakiung Sultan Malikussaid
Tumenanga ri Papanbatuna
16) I Mallombasi Daeng Mattawang Karaeng Bontomangeppe Sultan Hasanuddin Tumenanga ri Balla’ Pangkana (Pahlawan Nasional) lahir 12-6-1631, wafat : 12-6-1670). English
b*: 1669-1674: I Mappasomba Daeng Nguraga Sultan Amir Hamzah Tumenanga ri
Allu (lahir : 31-3-1656, wafat 7-5-1674)
18) I Mappaosong Daeng Mangewai Karaeng Bisei Tumenanga ri Jakarta
(lahir : 29-11-1654, wafat : 15-3-1681) 1611-1677.
19) 1677-1709: I Mappadulung Daeng Mattimung Karaeng Sanrobone Sultan Abdul Jalil
Tumenanga ri Lakiung (lahir : 18-8-1652, wafat : 1711)
20) 1709-1711: La Pareppa Tussappewali Sultan Ismail Tumenanga ri Somba Opu.
21) 1711-1713: I Mappurangi Sultan Sirajuddin Tumenanga ri Pasi.
22) 1713: I Manrabbia Sultan Najamuddin.
23) 1735 (scnd time): I Mappaurangi Sultan Sirajuddin, Tumenanga ri Pasi.
24) 1735-1742: I Mallawagau Sultan Abdul Kadir
25) 1742-1753: I Mappababasa Sultan Abdul Kudus
26) Anas Madina Batara Gowa (diasingkan oleh Belanda ke Ceylon) (lahir 1747 dan wafat 1795).
27) 1767-1769: I Manlisu Jawa Daeng Ri Boko Arung Mampu Tumenanga ri Tompo Balang
28) 1770-1778: I Temmasongeng Karaeng Katangka Sultan Zainuddin Tumenanga ri Malloanging
29) 1778-1810: I Mannawari Karaeng Bontolangkasa/Karaeng Mangngasa Sultan Abdul Hadi wafat pada : 7-5-1810
30) 1816-1825: I Mappatunru/I Manginyarang Karaeng LembangparangTumenanga ri Katangka
31) 1825-1826: La Oddang Riu Karaeng Katangka Tumenanga ri Suangga
32) 1826-1844: I Kumala Karaeng Lembangparang Sultan Abdul Kadir Muhammad Aidid Tumenaga ri Kakuasanna (Dilantik th. 1844 dan wafat : 30-1-1893). Karena ketika dipilih masih berusia enam tahun, (artinya belum dewasa), sehingga dia diwakili oleh ayahnya, Karaeng Beroanging.
33) 1893: I Malingkaang Daeng Nyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Idris Tumenanga ri Kalabbiranna wafat: 18-5-1895.
35) I Mangimangi Daeng Matutu Karaeng Bontonompo Sultan Muhammad Tahir Muhimuddin Tumenanga ri Sungguminasa (wafat : 1946).
36) 1946-1960: Andi Ijo Daeng Mattawang Karaeng Lalolang Sultan Muhammad Abdul Kadir Aidid (Raja Gowa terakhir).
29 mei 2016: Penobatan Raja Gowa ke-37, I Maddusila Daeng Mannyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Alauddin I.
Palace: Balla Lompoa
* Foto Balla Lompoa (Istana) kesultanan Gowa: link
Accera Kalompoang, washing the heirlooms of the Kingdom of Gowa
11 August 2019
Accera Kalompoang is a tradition of washing the heirlooms of the Kingdom of Gowa which is a sacred tradition for the community.
After two years of not being carried out, the ritual was again held by the Gowa Royal family with the Gowa Regency Government.Taking place at the Balla Lompa Museum, Gowa Regency, Sunday (11/8), the event was attended directly by the Regent of Gowa Adnan Purichta Ichsan, Deputy Regent of Gowa Abd.Rauf Malaganni, Gowa Royal Family, in this case Andi Kumala Idjo Karaeng Lembang Parang, Bone Royal family and Karaeng Polongbangkeng. washing the heirlooms of the Kingdom of Gowa
Crown of the sultanate
Made of gold-plated silver, in the form of lotus flower buds, which have 5 (five) leaf petals and are given white, green and red gems, used as the crown of the Kingdom of Gowa by the King at the time of the inauguration. Based on the mythology of the people of Gowa, this royal attribute appeared at the same time as ManurungngA (To Manurung), that is, people who descended from the sky were sent to be leaders in Tana Gowa who incarnated in Tamalate, then inaugurated as King of Gowa I around the 13th century.
The crown is a replica, originally made of gold, stored in the Balla Lompoa Museum, Sunggu Minasa, the former Royal Palace of Gowa.
– History sultanate of Gowa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Gowa
– Early history of Gowa and Tallo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_history_of_Gowa_and_Tallo
– History of Gowa and Tallo: http://blora-indonesia.blogspot.com/2011/12/history-of-kingdom-of-gowa-tallo.html
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kesultanan Gowa di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Gowa
– Sejarah kesultanan Gowa di melayuonline: http://melayuonline.com/ind/history/dig/209/kerajaan-gowa
– Sejarah terbentuknya kerajaan Gowa: http://www.dzargon.com/2016/01/sejarah-lengkap-kerajaan-gowa-disertai.html
– Sejarah kesultanan Makasar di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Makassar
– Sejarah kerajaan Tallo di Wiki: link
– 29 mei 2016: Penobatan Raja Gowa ke-37, I Maddusila Daeng Mannyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Alauddin II: http://www.kompasiana.com/mahajinoesa/penobatan-raja-gowa-ke-37-di-hotel-horison-makassar_574b3103319773e60ad96498
– 29 mei 2016: Penobatan Raja Gowa ke-37, I Maddusila Daeng Mannyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Alauddin II: http://www.tribunnews.com/regional/2016/05/29/penobatan-raja-gowa-dihadiri-raja-raja-nusantara
– 29 mei 2016: Penobatan Raja Gowa ke-37, I Maddusila Daeng Mannyonri Karaeng Katangka Sultan Alauddin II : http://kabarmakassar.com/antusias-netizen-dalam-penobatan-raja-gowa-ke-37/
– Istana kesultanan Gowa: http://jejakvicky.com/2012/04/27/hari-ke-4-istana-balla-lompoa/
– Istana kesultanan Gowa: http://www.catatannobi.com/2013/10/mengunjungi-kompleks-kerajaan-gowa.html