The Sultanate of Bacan is already know in the 14 century. Is located on the island of Bacan, district of Halmahera, prov. Maluku Utara.
* Foto sultanate of Bacan: link
* Foto palace sultan Bacan: link
* Foto installation Sultan Bacan november 2010: link
* Video ritual Arungi Nusa kesultanan Bacan: link
* Video installation Sultan, 2010: link
About the sultan
Present Sultan of Bacan (installed 2010): Sultan Dede Muhammad Gary Ridwan Sjah.
– 19 november 2010: A man of Indonesian origin was coronated as the 21th Sultan of Bacan; an Indonesian island group in the North-Moluccans.: Sultan Dede Muhammad Gary Ridwan Sjah.
His father Sultan Alhaji Dede Muhammad Gahral Adian Sjah was sultan of bacan from 1983 until he died 21-9-2009. He was also the districtchief (Bupati) of Central-Halmaherah.
The son of this sultan already went at a young age to the USA and could make there a quite succesfull career as an computer specialist; now living in the state of Ohio.
There are 5 kingdoms in North Maluku: Ternate, Tidore, Bacan, Jailolo dan Loloda.
Bacan (often written as Bachian, Bachan or Batjan) already existed since 1322.
The first king of Bacan, who converted to Islam, was King Zainulabidin; he converted to Islam in 1521. Although located in Maluku, the territory of the kingdom was extensive, even parts of Papua: many chiefs in the region Waigeo, Misool (Papua)were under the administration of the royal government Bacan.
– History: link
List of kings (Kolano Madehe)
* 1660 – 1706: Sultan Alauddin II
* 1706 – 2 Jan 1715: Sultan Musa Malikuddin
* 1715 – 17 Feb 1732: Sultan Kie Nasiruddin
* 1732 – 1741: Sultan Hamza Tarafan Nur
* 1741 – 1780: Sultan Muhammad Sahadin
* 1780 – 1788: Sultan Skander Alam
* 1788 – 1787: Sultan Muhammad Badaruddin
* 1797 – 1826: Sultan Kamarullah
* 1826 – 19 Jul 1861: Sultan Muhammad Hayatuddin Kornabei Syah Putera
* 14 May 1862 – 27 Feb 1889: Sultan Muhammad Sadik Syah
* 1889 – 1899: Regency council (three members)
* 28 Aug 1899 – 24 Apr 1935: Sultan Muhammad Usman Syah
* 1935 – 1983: Sultan Muhammad Muhsin Syah
* 1983 – 21 Sep 2009: Sultan Gahral Aydan Syah
* 19 Nov 2010: installed: Sultan Al-Abd-Al-Rahim Gary ibn Gahral (Gary Ridwan Syah).
Foto palace of Bacan: link
– History Bacan Islands: link
– List of kings: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html