The kingdom of Batak Tua, Huristak, is located on Sumatera, in District Tapanuli Selatan, prov. Sumatera Utara. This kingdom is a kingdom of the Batak People.
Kingdom of Huristak: century 2-1650, kingdom of Batak Tua. 1650 M – today.
District Tapanuli Selatan
* Foto kingdom of Huristak: link
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
About the king, 2017
King Huristak XII of the kingdom of Huristak Padang Lawas: Patuan Daulat Sutan Palaon, Tondi Hasibuan.
History of the Huristak kingdom
There are 2 periods in the history of the Huristak Kingdom:
* 2 M-1650: old Batak kingdom.
* 1650 – now: the Huristak kingdom, joined the NKRI 1947.
The historical roots of the Huristak kingdom date back to the first century AD. At that time the religion practiced by the Batak people was Parmalim, where the religious leaders of Malim acted as advisors to the prevailing government. The Batak king at that time was named King Jolma his advisor was Malim.
The old Batak kingdom located in South Tapanuli had established trade relations with other kingdoms such as the Ming kingdom in China and the Cola kingdom in India.
In 1024, there was a battle between the old Batak kingdom and the Cola Kingdom, this was due to the offense of Raja Rajendra Cola Dewa 1 over the trade relations between the old Batak Kingdom and the Ming kingdom. This battle lasted for 5 years, and in 1029 the Cola kingdom succeeded in controlling the area, the old Batak kingdom collapsed, the king of the Batak country was arrested but not killed and a year later in 1030 the fragments of the old Batak kingdom existed in Barus, Raja Malim (religious leader Malim in the old mountain), crowned his son-in-law as King Mula in the Batak Barus kingdom.
Kings of Huristak
I Kings of Huristak century 2 – 1650
* Century 2-11: kings of Batak Tua in Padang lawas
(raja mula- raja donia, raja Sorimangaraja l, ll dll)
* Century 12-1500: kings of Batak in Toba
(patuan sorimangaraja, patuan sorbadibanua dll)
* 1300 – 1500: kings in Dolok (prasasti dolok tolong – majapahit/ R wijaya – Sorbadibanua)- Raja Sobu – Raja Hasibuan – Raja BonanDolok dll
* 1500 M – 1650 M: kings in Silindung (ompu silindung)
II Kings of Huristak in Padang Lawas 1650 – today
* 1650: Raja Soritaon (ompu suhataon) – prasasti soritaon – Raja Huristak I
* 1700: Sutan gadoe mulia tandang – Raja Huristak II
* Raja malengkung, Raja Huristak III
* Mangaradja Lela I, Raja Huristak IV
* Raja Barita, Raja Huristak V
* Mangaradja Lela II: Raja Huristak VI
* 1840: Kali Omar (Sutan Barumun), Raja Huristak VII
* 1885: Sutan Palaon, Raja Huristak VIII
* 1914: Patuan Barumun, Raja Huristak IX (installed at the age of 30)
* 1947: Sutan Managor, Raja Huristak X
* Mr N /Patuan Barumun, Raja Huristak XI
* Mr T/Patuan daulat sutan palaon, Raja Huristak XII (installed at the age of 9, with the ancient batak royal tradition – blood bath.
Grave of the kings of Huristak
About Patuan Barumun, King IX, 1884 – 1966:
1884: Patuan Barumun, king the IX of Huristak Kingdom – Padang Lawas, was born in Bagas Godang Huristak in 1884. Since young Patuan Barumun has diligently accompanied his father (Sutan Palaon-King Huristak VIII) in state duties, and Patuan Barumun often represented Sutan Palaon when meeting the controleur of the Netherlands East Indies and participate in providing views and attitudes on the problems of the kingdom.
Palace of the kingdom
Bagas Godang is a traditional house or traditional architecture of the Mandailing Tribe. This mansion used to be the king’s residence or resting place.