The kingdom of Baa, capital Menggelama. Island of Rote. District of Rote Ndao.
* Foto kingdoms on the island of Rote: link
About the king today (2018)
Present (2008) Manek (Raja): Manek Paulus DaE Pane (Source: kerajaan indonesia)
History of the kingdom
Baa is one of the 19 principalities of Rote islands and also the capital of the Rote/Ndao district.`This Raja, or manek is one of the few dynastychiefs, who is installed officially as Raja of his area. Most of the others are just chief of the clan of the raja dynasty.
Like in some other Rote principalities the dynasty has several branches.
For at time the raja was the royal face of Rote,`because no other rajas were installed.
In Baa was also the son of the first and last raja of Rote,`who ruled for some decades before World War II. He lives in a palace. This Prince Wilson Kedoh’s father was asked to become the union raja of total Rote. Because no raja wanted to give in, when giving that dignity to a raja, the dignity was given to a Fettor dynasty member of Landu.
Kingdoms on Rote
19 Kingdoms on Rote
Rote Island is an island of Indonesia, part of the East Nusa Tenggara province of the Lesser Sunda Islands. According to legend, this island got its name accidentally when a lost Portuguese sailor arrived and asked a farmer where he was. The surprised farmer, who could not speak Portuguese, introduced himself, “Rote”.
The Rote tribe is one of the original inhabitants of Rote Island, some of whom are also settled on Timor Island. In addition, the Rote tribe also inhabit the islands around the island of Rote, namely Ndao Island, Nuse Island, Pamana Island, Doo Island, Heliana Island, Landu Island, Manuk Island, and other small islands. There are experts who argue, that the Rote people had previously migrated from Seram Island in Maluku.
1. Baa: founded 1691.
3. Bokai: founded 1756.
4. Dehla: Split off from Oenale and was founded 1800-an.
5. Dengka: The biggest kingdom on Rote.
6. Diu: at first under the power of Korbafo, founded 1691.
7. Keka: Keka split off from Termanu in 1772.
9. Landu: the oldest kingdom on the island Rote.
10. Lelain: After split off from Bokai, it was founded in 1690.
11. Lelenuk: split off from Termanu and founded 1772.
12. Loleh: berada di pulau Rote, barat-daya Timor. Ruled by Termanu tahun 1730.
15. OEpao: Founded in 1691.
16. Ringgouw: berada di Kepulauan Rote, barat daya Pulau Timor, didirikan pada 1691.
19. Thie: From 1730 until 1756, the Manek (kings) of Thie together with the Maneks of OEpao, Loleh, Baa and Lelain went to Jawa to learn about Christianity-religion.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah timbulnya kerajaan di Rote: http://sajjacob.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-timbulnya-kerajaan-di-pulau.html
– 19 kerajaan di Rote: http://leksilion-rote.blogspot.co.id/2011/09/nusak-di-pulau-rote-leksi-ingguoe.html
– Nama nusak (kerajaan) di Rote: http://malole80.blogspot.co.id/2015/10/nama-nama-nusak-kerajaan-di-rote.html
– Sejarah kepulauan Rote di Wiki: link
– Asal usul Rote: http://yeridami.blogspot.co.id/p/asal-usul-rote.html
– Tentang suku Rote: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.co.id/2014/11/sejarah-suku-rote-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Bagaimana orang Rote mengakali belanda dalam pemerintahan: http://satutimor.com/bagaimana-orang-rote-mengakali-belanda-dalam-pemerintahan.php