Kingdom of Bacukiki, located in the region of Pare Pare, south Sulawesi.
This kingdom exists since the 16th century.
* Foto’s of Sulawesi in the past, People of Sulawesi dan old sites: link
History of the kingdom
Bacukiki was a major port and trade dealer in the archipelago in the 15th and 16th centuries. With its position, it became a royal seizure in Sulawesi. Noted some royal who ever conquered Bacukiki namely the Kingdom of Wajo, Gowa and Bone and Kingdom Day (Pangkajene).
When Bacukiki was ruled by the Kingdom of Gowa under the leadership of King Gowa X Tunipalangga (1546 – 1565), many people of Bacukiki were transferred to Gowa, including Malays who had established business representatives in Bacukiki. And that is the origin of many Malay settlers in Makassar (Gowa).
When Gowa was conquered by Arung Palakka from Bone, then Bacukiki automatically becomes a conquered area as well. Arung Palakka fights Datu Bakke (Wajo) and asks Datu Bakke to surrender. The Dutchman who felt an opportunity to help Datu Bakke, offered to help him to evacuate with three ships from the port of Bacukiki.
Kings of Bacukiki
1) Raja ke-1: Aru Bacu (Aru Bacukiki) Petta Labattoa
Descendent from Datu Suppa to Ware. Ipalaguna (Ayah).
Married with: Petta Denresana (Andi Mutiara), child of Addatuatta to Wappo Sidenreng (father).
2) Raja ke-2: Petta Latinro (Petta Bola Mattanrue)
Tanru/Tanduk ( Anjong ) yang terletak di daerah Bacukiki Cilellang Rijanna Salo Pokko /
Bola Soraja Cilellang.
Married with: Pettta Lola (Puang Lola) from Aru Bone.
3) Raja ke-3: (Aru Bacukiki Lamabbiritta) Petta Keppang’nge / Petta Macowa’e
4) Raja ke-4: Petta Tayya / Puang Mattayya
Had 5 children:
1. Petta Lamanni / Puang Manni ( oldest )
2. Petta Winru / Puang Winru
3. Petta Mattawe / Puang Mattawe
4. Petta Lapalottang
5. Puang Toalla.
5) Raja ke-5: Petta Manni / Puang KepalaToa’e (saudara tertua).
Married with: Petta Ibuabare.
6) Raja ke-6: Petta Dempalie Petta
Married with: Petta Bau Andi Cammi (from Sidenreng)
7) Raja ke-7: Petta Cangge / Puang Cangge
Married with: Petta Bula’eng. Give birth to Petta Kanda (Aru Bojo).
8) Raja ke-8: Aru Mampi / Puang Mampi (descendent of Petta Lapalottang, brother of Petta LaManni/king Bacukiki ke 5 ).
Then the power went to Puang Remmang, and the system is no longer the royal system, but the district system.
Kingdoms in south Sulawesi, 1909