The Kingdom of Majapahit: 1293 – 1527. Located on east Jawa.
* Foto of the kingdom of Majapahit: link
History of the kingdom of Majapahit
Majapahit was a vast archipelagic empire based on the island of Java (modern-day Indonesia) from 1293 to around 1500. Before the founding of Majapahit, Singhasari was the most powerful kingdom in Java.
The exact date used as the date of birth of the Majapahit kingdom was when Raden Wijaya (Kertarajasa Jayawardhana) became king, which is the 15th of the month of Kartika in 1215 saka, which is 10th of nov. 1293. He was named the official name Kertarajasa Jayawardhana.
Majapahit reached its peak of glory during the era of Hayam Wuruk, whose reign from 1350 to 1389 was marked by conquest which extended through Southeast Asia. His achievement is also credited to his prime minister, Gajah Mada. According to the Nagarakretagama (Desawarñana) written in 1365, Majapahit was an empire of 98 tributaries, stretching from Sumatra to New Guinea; consisting of present day Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, southern Thailand, Sulu Archipelago, Manila, and East Timor, although the true nature of Majapahit sphere of influence is still the subject of studies among historians.
Majapahit was one of the last major empires of the region and is considered to be one of the greatest and most powerful empires in the history of Indonesia and Southeast Asia, one that is sometimes seen as the precedent for Indonesia’s modern boundaries. Its influence extended beyond the modern territory of Indonesia and has been the subject of many studies.
– Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majapahit
Majapahit according to Nagarakertagama
The development of the Majapahit Empire, originated in Trowulan, Majapahit, East Java, in the 13th century, then expanded its influence over the archipelago, to its ebb and fall in the early 16th century.
Kingdoms under Majapahit
The Majapahit kingdom was a continuation of the kingdom of Singhasari, comprised of certain areas in the eastern and central parts of Java. This area was ruled by the uparaja, called Paduka Bhattara which was titled Bhre or “Bhatara i”. This title is the highest title of royalty. Usually this position is only for kin close relatives. Their job is to manage their kingdoms, levy taxes, and send tributes to the center, and manage defenses at the borders of the regions they lead.
During the reign of Hayam Wuruk (1350 s.d.1389) there were 12 areas in Majapahit, which were run by close kin of kings. The hierarchy in the classification of territory in the Majapahit kingdom is known as follows:
List of kings of Majapahit
* 1293-1309: Raden Wijaya (Kertarajasa Jayawardhana) (engl.: link)
* 1309-1328: Jayanagara
* 1328-1350: Tribhuwana Wijayatunggadewi (engl.: link)
* 1350-1389: Hayam Wuruk (Rajasanagara) (engl.: link)
* 1390-1428: Wikramawardhana (engl.: link)
* 1429-1447: Suhita
* 1447-1451: Brawijaya I, Dyah Kertawijaya
* 1451-1453: Brawijaya II, Rajasawardhana
* 1456-1466: Brawijaya III, Girishawardhana
* 1466-1468: Brawijaya IV, Singhawikramawardhana (Suraprabhawa)
* 1468-1478: Brawijaya V, Bhre Kertabumi
* 1478-1498: Brawijaya VI, Girindrawardhana Dyah Wijayakarana
* 1498-1518: Brawijaya VII,
* Singawardhana Dyah Wijayakusuma (he was king of Majapahit during 4 month, then he died ) (?- 1486)
* Girindrawardhana Dyah Ranawijaya alias Bhre Kertabumi (1474-1519).
– Source: link
– History Kingdom of Majapahit: Wiki
– History Kingdom of Majapahit: http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-asia/majapahit-empire-short-life-empire-once-defeated-mongols-003623
– History Kingdom of Majapahit: http://factsanddetails.com/indonesia/History_and_Religion/sub6_1a/entry-3942.html
– Nagarakretagama: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagarakretagama
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Majapahit di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majapahit
– Sejarah kerajaan Majapahit: http://sejarahbudayanusantara.weebly.com/kerajaan-majapahit.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Majapahit: http://informasiana.com/sejarah-kerajaan-majapahit-hingga-runtuh/#
– Sejarah kerajaan Majapahit: http://kakakpintar.com/sejarah-kerajaan-majapahit-silsilah-raja-keruntuhan-dan-peninggalannya/
– Sejarah kerajaan Majapahit: http://www.kopi-ireng.com/2015/02/sejarah-kerajaan-majapahit-1293-1500.html
– Sejarah Raden Wijaya, pendiri kerajaan Majapahit: http://www.sejarah-negara.com/sejarah-raden-wijaya-pendiri-kerajaan-majapahit/
– Daftar raja: link
– Candi Candi peninggalan kerajaan Majapahit: http://www.yudhe.com/candi-candi-peninggalan-kerajaan-majapahit/
– Sejarah kerajaan Majapahit dan peninggalannya: http://sejarahkerajaanmajapahitalaeka.blogspot.co.id/2015/03/sejarah-kerajaan-majapahit-dan.html