* Foto’s old Sulawesi, tribes on Sulawesi and ancient sites: link
History of the kingdom of Bolango, which later became the kingdom of Bolaang Uki
B.J Haga “De Limo Pohalaa”, 1931, states that, prior to the Dutch colonial period, the state of Gorontalo was in the form of kingdoms governed by the customary law of the state administration of Gorontalo. The kingdoms depend on a family bond called “Pohalaa”. In the Gorontalo area, there are 5 (five) Pohalaa consisting of:
1). Pohalaa Gorontalo,
2). Pohalaa Limboto,
3). Pohalaa Bone (including Suwawa and Bintauna),
4). Pohalaa Bolango (in 1962 changed with Boalemo, and
5). Pohalaa Atinggola.
The end of the reign of King Tinthingiyo (1425-1481) was the beginning of the partnership of Limo lo pohalaa in Gorontalo, because at the time of the first meeting in the formation of Limo lo pohalaa King Tingthingiyo was the King of Bolango who was present at the time, in 1481. Since that meeting, Bolango’s royal government system will be the same as the kingdoms in Gorontalo.
The king of the Pohalaa-pohalaa was determined by the baate-baate (lineage adat) according to the lineage, but in the Dutch colonial period, baate-baate only nominated, while the one, who decided, was the Dutch colonist and the prominent of the five pohalaa were Pohalaa Gorontalo and Pohalaa Limboto compared with Pohalaa Bone, Bolango and Atinggola.
In 1824, the Limo Lo Pohalaa area was under the control of a resident assistant, in addition to the traditional Government. From the way the government of cooperation with the royal government diverted the system of direct government known as Rechthatreeks Bestulur which officially run in 1889.
During the government of the Dutch East Indies, early 19th century, it was King Bolango initiative to migrate to Bolaang Mongondow. It was done in waves with different travel routes. They arrived at Molibagu, called by many people as the place where the land licked Daopeyago Princess.
The last king who reigned was Paduka Raja Hassan van Gobel, built Molibagu which later became Bolaang Uki Subdistrict.
King Hasan Van Gobel then set up a country, called kingdom of Bolaang Uki.
Map of Bolaang Uki, Bolaang Itang, Bolaang Mongondow and Kaidipang, 1894
List of kings of Bolango
* 1320-1350: Wintune
* 1350-1381: Dotulong
* 1381-1390: Mogolaingo I
* 1390-1415: Taniagu
* 1415-1425: Nasyum
* 1425-1481: Tinthingiyo
* 1482-1535: The first king of the Bolango kingdom in Tapa is king of Datau and has been incorporated in the fraternity of Limo lo pohalaa in Gorontalo.
* 1752-1772: Raja Ibrahim Duawulu. Ibrahim Duawulu is better known as Hubulo, but the Dutch Colonials called him Gobel, because at that time the tongues of the Dutch had difficulty mentioning Hubulo, so they called him Gobel (read Hobel).
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah lengkap kerajaan Bolango: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vDaWHbH4GkQJ:kim.ung.ac.id/index.php/KIMFIS/article/download/7107/6999+&cd=10&hl=nl&ct=clnk
– Makam raja terakhir, Paduka Abdul Gani Hassan van Gobel dipindahkan: http://www.antarasulut.com/berita/17775/makam-anak-raja-terakhir-bolango-akan-dipindahkan-ke-molibagu
– Sejarah makam raja raja Bolango: http://www.gorontalofamily.org/wisata-sejarah/makam-raja-bulango.html
– Sejarah Suku dan raja raja Bolango: http://erlangga-gobel.blogspot.co.id/p/blog-page_39.html
– Suku Bolango: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/10/suku-bolango-sulawesi-utara.html