The kingdom of Watugaluh is located on East Jawa, District Jombang, Kec. Diwek. Existed in the 10th century.
* Foto sultans and kings, today on Jawa: link
* Foto keratons (palaces) on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack of Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro – war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
About the kingdom
Watugaluh Village consists of 4 hamlet, Dusun Watugaluh Krajan, Gendong, Nanggalan and Jasem. It is named Watugaluh Krajan because formerly this village was a kingdom and residents often find objects such as gold relics and other ancient goods.
According to the literature, Watugaluh Village was formed when the capital of Mataram Kuno moved from Tamwlang to Watugaluh (Diwek sub-district). This is proved by in the Prasasti (inscription) Anjukladang from 937 which says: we prasidha manraksang ranghyangta Medang I Bumi Mataram I Watugaluh. This was allegedly occurred on 10 April 937. Therefore, every April 10 is celebrated anniversary Watugaluh.
Location of Jombang and Watugaluh during the Mataram kingdom
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Watugaluh: http://kknwatugaluh.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/asal-usul-watugaluh-diwek-jombang-dan.html
– Mpu Sindok lalu memindahkan lagi pusat pemerintahannya ke Watugaluh: https://jhotasedjarah.wordpress.com/2016/01/04/prasasti-tengaran-jejak-mpu-sindok-di-jombang/
– Sejarah kerajaan Watugaluh: http://www.majalahsuarapendidikan.net/jejak-jejak-empu-sindok-di-watugaluh.html