The kingdom of Tanjung Negeri (1675-1725) is the 3d kingdom in the history of sultanate of Pelalawan. Located on Sumatera, District Pelalawan, prov. Riau.
See also: sultanate of Pelalawan
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Line of history of the sultanate of Pelalawan
History of the kingdom of Tanjung Negeri, 1675-1725
During the reign of Maharaja Lela Utama, the royal capital was moved to the Nilo River. This kingdom was called the Kingdom of Tanjung Negeri. After his death, Maharaja Lela Utama was succeeded by his son, Maharaja Wangsa Jaya (1686-1691).
During the reign of Maharaja Wangsa Jaya, many areas of Tanjung Negeri were attacked by epidemic diseases, killing many people. Nevertheless, the royal authorities did not want to move the royal center from Tanjung Negeri. Maharaja Wangsa Jaya died and was succeeded by his son, Maharaja Muda Lela (1691-1720). At this time, the desire to move the royal center from Tanjung Negeri has not yet been agreed by the royal authorities. Nevertheless, trade with Kuantan and other countries continues, especially through the Nilo River.
List of kings Tanjung Negeri
* 1675-1686: Maharaja Lela Utama
* 1686-1691: Maharaja Wangsa Jaya
* 1691-1720: Maharaja Muda Lela
* 1720-1725: Maharaja Dinda II
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Tanjung Negeri: http://herwandisahputra.blogspot.co.id/2014/10/asal-usul-pelalawan.html
– Sejarah Tanjung Negeri: http://melayuonline.com/ind/history/dig/356/kerajaan-pelalawan
– Sejarah Tanjung Negeri: http://smkmuh2-lomba1.blogspot.co.id/2015/04/kerajaan-yang-ada-di-riau.html