The Sultanate of Banjar: 1520 – 1860. Located in the prov. of South Kalimantan. Abolished by the Dutch in 1860. Revival of the Sultanate in 2010.
Revival of the Sultanate, 2010
24 Juli 2010, the Sultanate of Banjar revived after a vacuum of 150 years, with the installation of a new Sultan.
Sultan (Raja Muda) Khairul Saleh Al-Mu’tashim Billah.
History of the sultanate of Banjar
The Sultanate of Banjar was founded in 1520, but abolished in 1860 by the Dutch.
The founder of the sultanate of Banjar (or Banjarmasin), Raden Samudra, was of royal lineage of the Kingdom of Negara Daha. He escaped from the Kingdom of Daha to the Barito River area, because his safety was in danger, and established a new kingdom at Banjarmasin. With help from Mangkubumi Aria Taranggana, Raden Samudra converted to Islam on September 24, 1526, changing his name to Sultan Suriansyah. Banjar at first paid tribute to the Sultanate of Demak. That state met its demise in the mid-16th century, however, and Banjar was not required to send tribute to new power in Java, the Sultanate of Pajang.
Since July 24, 2010, the Sultanate of Banjar came back with the inauguration of Sultan Khairul Saleh.
– History in english: Wiki
List of kings
* 1526 – 1545 : Pangeran Samudra yang kemudian bergelar Sultan Suriansyah, Raja pertama yang memeluk Islam
* 1545 – 1570 : Sultan Rahmatullah
* 1570 – 1595 : Sultan Hidayatullah
* 1595 – 1620 : Sultan Mustain Billah, Marhum Penambahan also known as Pangeran Kecil. This Sultan moved the Keraton (palace) to Kayutangi, Martapura, because the keraton was destroyed by the dutch, * 1612
* 1620 – 1637 : Ratu Agung bin Marhum Penembahan with the title Sultan Inayatullah
* 1637 – 1642 : Ratu Anum with the title Sultan Saidullah
* 1642 – 1660 : Adipati Halid he ruled as vice Sultan, because the child of Sultan Saidullah, Amirullah Bagus Kesuma was not yet adult.
* 1660 – 1663 : Amirullah Bagus Kesuma ruled until 1663, later Pangeran Adipati Anum (Pangeran Suriansyah) took power and moved to Banjarmasin.
* 1663 – 1679 : Pangeran Adipati Anum after taking the power he moved to Banjarmasin; with the title Sultan Agung
* 1679 – 1700 : Sultan Tahlilullah
* 1700 – 1734 : Sultan Tahmidullah with the title Sultan Kuning
* 1734 – 1759 : Pangeran Tamjid bin Sultan Agung, with the title Sultan Tamjidillah
* 1759 – 1761 : Pangeran Muhammad Aliuddin Aminullah
* 1761 – 1801 : Pangeran Nata Dilaga as vice of the son of Sultan Muhammad Aliuddin because he was not yet adult, but took the power with the title Sultan Tahmidullah
* 1801 – 1825 : Sultan Suleman Al Mutamidullah bin Sultan Tahmidullah
* 1825 – 1857 : Sultan Adam Al Wasik Billah bin Sultan Suleman
* 1857 – 1859 : Pangeran Tamjidillah
* 1859 – 1862 : Pangeran Antasari with the title Panembahan Amir Oeddin Khalifatul Mu’mina
* 1862 – 1905 : Sultan Muhammad Seman was the last king of Banjar.
* 2010 – ………: Sultan Khairul Saleh Al-Mu’tashim Billah (installed 11 dec. 2010).
– Source: Wiki
Small kingdoms under the Sultanate of Banjar.
Under the Sultanate of Banjar there were several small kingdoms in the region of Tanah Bumbu and Pulau Laut. They were semi-independent. Because government services were not covered by the Sultanate, these kingdoms kingdoms were given authority to rule within their region.
Small kingdoms under the rule of the Sultanate Bandar in Tanah Bumbu and Pulau Laut are:
1. The kingdom of Pagatan,
2. The Kingdom of Kusan,
3. The Kingdoms of Cengal Manunggal and Bangkalaan,
4. The Kingdoms of Cantung and Sampanahan,
5. The Kingdom of Sebamban,
6. The kingdom of Batulicin,
7. The Kingdom of Pasir,
8. The Kingdom of Kotabaru.
– History of the Sultanate: Wiki
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Kesultanan Banjar di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Banjar
– Sejarah kesultanan Banjar: http://www.materisma.com/2014/05/sejarah-kerajaan-banjar-kesultanan.html
– Sejarah kesultanan Banjar di melayuonline: http://melayuonline.com/ind/history/dig/211/kesultanan-banjar
– Sejarah kesultanan Islam Banjar: https://mohyahya7.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/sejarah-kerajaan-islam-kesultanan-banjar-kalimantan/
– Pelantikan sultan 2010: link
– Daftar Raja Banjar: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Banjar#Sultan_Banjar
– Sultan sekarang (2016) Khairul Saleh di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khairul_Saleh
– Perang Banjar (1859-1905): https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perang_Banjar
– Kerajaan kecil yang dibawah kekuasaan Kesultanan Banjar: link
– Empat nominator terbaik desain Kediaman Sultan Banjar: link
– Raja Muda Kesultanan Banjar Pangeran Khairul Saleh melakukan peletakan batu pertama sebagai tanda dimulainya pembangunan Istana Intan di Martapura (nov. 2012): link
– Kraton dulu: Wiki
– Khairul Saleh