The principality of Sebamban was located in the district of Tanah Bumbu, prov. of South Kalimantan. It was founded in the 19th century.
District of Tanah Bumbu
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
About the king today (2021)
24 june 2018
H Sayid Umar Al-Iderus was crowned as Pangeran Muda of the Kingdom of Sebamban in a grand ceremony.
History of the principality of Sebamban, 19th century
The principality of Sebamban was founded by Prince Sharif Ali Al-Iderus in the early 18th century, the Prince’s father, named Sharif Sharif Ali Abdurrahman Al-Iderus, was a scholar of Arab descent, who came to the archipelago to spread Islam.
Sebamban kingdom was an autonomous region, headed by a bumiputera, part of the Afdeeling Pasir dan Tanah Boemboe, under the authority of the Assistant Resident GH Dahmen based in Samarinda, South Kalimantan. The regional autonomous government was delegated to a chief bumiputera, namely Prince Sharif Ali, son of Sharif Abdurahman Alaydrus, Yang Dipertuan of Kubu kingdom.
During the dutch time one by one the royal families left their palaces; finally they were no longer occupied and now what remains are the ruins of a pole building, this happened around 1850.
Small kingdoms under the Sultanate of Banjar.
Under the Sultanate of Banjar there were several small kingdoms in the region of Tanah Bumbu and Pulau Laut. They were semi-independent. Because government services were not covered by the Sultanate, these kingdoms kingdoms were given authority to rule within their region.
Small kingdoms under the rule of the Sultanate Bandar in Tanah Bumbu and Pulau Laut are:
1. The kingdom of Pagatan,
2. The Kingdom of Kusan,
3. The Kingdoms of Cengal Manunggal and Bangkalaan,
4. The Kingdoms of Cantung and Sampanahan,
5. The kingdom of Sebamban,
6. The kingdom of Batulicin,
7. The Kingdom of Pasir,
8. The Kingdom of Kotabaru.
List of rulers
The king of Sabamban was titled Pangeran Sharif (not Sultan).
* Pangeran Syarif Ali Al-Idrus bin Syarif Abdurrahman Al-Idrus
* Pangeran Syarif Hasan, reign begun 25 Juni 1860,
* Pangeran Syarif Qasim Al-Idrus bin Syarif Hasan Al-Idrus.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Sebamban: http://julakbungsu.blogspot.co.id/2013/11/kerajaan-sebamban.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Sebamban: Wiki
– Pangeran Sjarif Ali Al Aidroes, kepala pemerintahan Sebamban: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangeran_Sjarif_Ali_Al_Aidroes
– Kerajaan kecil yang dibawah kekuasaan Kesultanan Banjar: link