The kingdom of Ringgou, capital E’ahun. Island of Rote. District of Rote Ndao. Nusa Tenggara Timur.
* Foto kingdoms on Rote: link
About the king (2018)
Raja Muda ir. Christian D.J. Daoed is chief Manek/Raja dynasty of Ringgou/Rote (22-3-2002-….).
After the death of his father, the last nominal-Manek of Ringou on Rote, he became chief of the Daoed dynasty of Ringgou. He is a government official in Kupang town. In Ringgou is a big Buginese Muslim community in Papela; mostly fishermen. Two of his sisters are living in Holland; one of them married to a member of the Sjioen-dynasty of OEpao on Rote, grandfather Reverend Jeheskiel Sjioen was asked before 1928 to become Paramount-Raja of all the 19 principalities of the Rote-islands. He declined, because chose to become a permanent servant of the Lord instead.
19 Kingdoms on Rote
Rote Island is an island of Indonesia, part of the East Nusa Tenggara province of the Lesser Sunda Islands. According to legend, this island got its name accidentally when a lost Portuguese sailor arrived and asked a farmer where he was. The surprised farmer, who could not speak Portuguese, introduced himself, “Rote”.
The Rote tribe is one of the original inhabitants of Rote Island, some of whom are also settled on Timor Island. In addition, the Rote tribe also inhabit the islands around the island of Rote, namely Ndao Island, Nuse Island, Pamana Island, Doo Island, Heliana Island, Landu Island, Manuk Island, and other small islands. There are experts who argue, that the Rote people had previously migrated from Seram Island in Maluku.
1. Baa: founded 1691.
3. Bokai: founded 1756.
4. Dehla: Split off from Oenale and was founded 1800-an.
5. Dengka: The biggest kingdom on Rote.
6. Diu: at first under the power of Korbafo, founded 1691.
7. Keka: Keka split off from Termanu in 1772.
9. Landu: the oldest kingdom on the island Rote.
10. Lelain: After split off from Bokai, it was founded in 1690.
11. Lelenuk: split off from Termanu and founded 1772.
12. Loleh: berada di pulau Rote, barat-daya Timor. Ruled by Termanu tahun 1730.
15. OEpao: Founded in 1691.
16. Ringgouw: berada di Kepulauan Rote, barat daya Pulau Timor, didirikan pada 1691.
19. Thie: From 1730 until 1756, the Manek (kings) of Thie together with the Maneks of OEpao, Loleh, Baa and Lelain went to Jawa to learn about Christianity-religion.
Kingdoms on Rote
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah timbulnya kerajaan di Rote: http://sajjacob.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-timbulnya-kerajaan-di-pulau.html
– 19 kerajaan di Rote: http://leksilion-rote.blogspot.co.id/2011/09/nusak-di-pulau-rote-leksi-ingguoe.html
– Nama nusak (kerajaan) di Rote: http://malole80.blogspot.co.id/2015/10/nama-nama-nusak-kerajaan-di-rote.html
– Sejarah kepulauan Rote di Wiki: link
– Asal usul Rote: http://yeridami.blogspot.co.id/p/asal-usul-rote.html
– Tentang suku Rote: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.co.id/2014/11/sejarah-suku-rote-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Bagaimana orang Rote mengakali belanda dalam pemerintahan: http://satutimor.com/bagaimana-orang-rote-mengakali-belanda-dalam-pemerintahan.php