The Kingdom of Sekadau: 1550 – 1952. Located in the District of Sekadau, province of West Kalimantan.
The title of the king: Panembahan.
District of Sekadau
Foto kingdom of Sekadau
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
KINGDOM OF SEKADAU
About the king
Installation new king of Sekadau.
Gusti Muhammad Effendi with the title Pangeran Agung Sri Negara II was installed as Raja (king) Kusuma Negara Sekadau, Jumat (14/12) in the palace Istana Kusuma Negara. The installation was witnessed by many kings of West Kalimantan.
History of the kingdom of Sekadau, 1550 – 1952
The first king of Sekadau was Prince Engkong who had three sons, namely Prince Agong, Prince Kadar and Prince Senarong. After Prince Engkong died, the kingdom was ruled by his second son, Prince Kadar.
After Prince Kadar died, the government was continued by crown prince Prince Suma.
Prince Suma was later replaced by Crown Prince Abang Todong with the title of Sultan Anum.
He was replaced again by Ipang’s elder brother Ratu who is not a descendant of the king but ascended the throne because the next crown prince is not yet mature enough. After the crown prince was adult, he was crowned with the title of Sultan Mansur.
The Sekadau Kingdom was later transferred to Gusti Mecca with the title Panembahan Gusti Mecca Kesuma Negara because the next crown prince, ie Abang Usman, was immature. Abang Usman then brought his mother to Nanga Taman. After the reign of Panembahan Gusti Mekah Kesuma Negara,Panembahan Gusti Akhmad Sri Negara was crowned. By the Dutch colonists, the Panembahan and his family were later exiled to Malang.
Panembahan Haji Gusti Abdullah was later appointed with the title of Prince Mangku as the vice-minister. He was also invited to inhabit the palace. Not long after his coronation, Prince Mangku died. He was later replaced by Panembahan Gusti Akhmad, then Gusti Hamid. The next King of Sekadau was Panembahan Gusti Kelip. In 1944 Gusti Kelip was killed by Japanese invaders. The Japanese then appointed Gusti Adnan as the ruler of the Sekadau kingdom with the title of Prince Agung, he came from Belitang.
Installation Panembahan Gusti Mohammad tahun 1932
List of kings
There are 2 lists of kings
* First king of Sekadau was Pangeran Engkong he had 2 sons, yakni Pangeran Agong, Pangeran Kadar and Pangeran Senarong.
* After Pangeran Engkong died, the kingdom was continued by his second son, Pangeran Kadar.
* After Pangeran Kadar died, the kingdom was continued by his son crown prince Pangeran Suma. The capital of the kingdom was moved to kampung Sungai Bara. Also in this time the dutch came to Sekadau.
* Pangeran Suma was re[laced by crown prince Abang Todong dengan with the title Sultan Anum.
* He was replaced by Abang Ipong with the title Pangeran Ratu; he was not a descendent of the kingdom, but he became Pangeran because the crown prince was not yet adult. At the time the crown prince was adult, he was installed with the title Sultan Mansur. Sekadau Kingdom then transferred to Gusti Mekah with the title Panembahan Gusti Mekah Kesuma Negara because the next crown prince, ie Abang Usman, not yet adult.
* After the reign of Panembahan Gusti Mekah Kesuma Negara, Panembahan Gusti Akhmad Sri Negara was installed. But the dutch exiled him and his family to Malang, East Jawa.
c.1600 Sekadau state founded.
* 1780 – ….: Suto
* …. – 1830: Kusuma Negara
* 1830 – 1861: Muhammad Kamaruddin
* 1861 – 1867: Mansur Kusuma Negara
* 1867 – 31 Jul 1902: Muhammad Kusuma Negara
* 31 Jul 1902 – 1910: Ahmad Seri Negara (1st time)
* 1910 – 1919: Regency [four members]
* 1919: Ahmad Seri Negara (2nd time)
* 1920 – 1931: Regency
* Gusti Ahmad Pangeran Nata Negara
* Adi Abul Murad (to 1923)
* 1931 – 1944: Gusti Muhammad (d. 1944?)
* 1944 – c.1946: Gusti Kelip
* c.1946 – c.1952: Abang Kolin
* 19.. – 1963: Gusti Adenan
– Sumber / source: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
Istana (Palace) Kaca
2) Palace Kaca
* Foto Istana Kaca: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Sekadau: http://hanafiazam.blogspot.nl/2016/10/kerajaan-sekadau-kalimantan-barat.html