The Kingdom of Rambah was a kingdom located on Sumatera, in the Rokan region, province of Riau.
History of the kingdom
The kingdom of Rambah ws founded when Tengku Raja Muda asked his father to establish a kingdom of his own. With some promisses. Formerly the kingdom of Rambah was part of the kingdom of Tambusai which was the largest kingdom in Rokan Hulu. At that time the kingdom of Tambusai was led by Yang Dipertuan Tua. The Yang Dipertuan Tua had 2 brothers and a sister. The sister iswas named Siti Dualam, and the brothers were named Tengku Raja Muda and Yang Ditertuan Akhir Zaman.
After the agreement was approved, Tengku Raja Muda also established a kingdom. And Tengku Raja Muda founded a Negeri in Kalu Batang Lubuk. This Negeri was called kingdom of Rambah. The kingdom of Rambah prosperous. After Tengku Raja Muda died, the king’s position was replaced by his son who was titled Yang Dipertuan Besar.
Kingdoms in Riau, 19th century
List of kings of Rambah
* Raja I. Yang Dipertuan Muda
* Raja II. Yang Dipertua Besar
* Raja III. Yang Dipertuan Djumadil Alam
* Raja IV. Yang Dipertuan
* Raja V. Yang Dipertuan Besar
* Raja VI. Yang Dipertuan Besar
* Raja VII. Yang Dipertuan Besar
* Raja VIII. Yang Dipertuan Besar
* Raja IX. YanG Dipertuan Besar Rambah
* Raja X. Yang Dipertuan Djumadil Alam Sari 1901
* Raja XI. Mohamad Syarif Yang Dipertuan Besar
* Raja XII. Sultan Zainal Puan Kerajaan Rambah
* Raja XIII. Sultan Mahmud Manjang
* Raja XIV. Tengku Saleh Yang Dipertuan Besar Rambah.
– Source: Link
History of the kingdoms in Rokan area
Rokan is the name of a river that divides the island of Sumatra in the middle, empties to the North of the Island (the Strait of Malacca). This area is the area of the kingdom of Rokan Tua, known to exist in the 13th century, when it was recorded in the “Kertagama Country” by Prapanca, written in 1364 AD.
Until now the name Rokan also still exists as can be seen in the development of Rokan Tua’s kingdom until now. According to Muchtar Lutfi, Wan Saleh in the history of Riau, who became the King of Rokan in the 14-15th century were descendents from Sultan Sidi, brother of Sultan Sujak, described in the book Sulalatus Salatin, which states that the king of Rokan is the son of Sultan Sidi brother of Sultan Sujak.
The Rokan Kingdom is based in Koto Intan, a place near Kotolamo and moved to Pekaitan and eventually moved to Rantau Kasai (in Siarang-arang). After that there is no mention of the name Rokan Kingdom again.
Rokan region was divided in Rokan Hilir and Rokan Kanan.
(Nb: kerajaan = kingdom)
Rokan Hulu was split up into 5 kingdoms:
* Kerajaan Tambusai in Dalu-dalu,
* Kerajaan Rambah in Pasirpengarayan,
* Kerajaan Kepenuhan in Kototongah,
* Kerajaan Rokan IV Koto, in Rokan,
* Kerajaan Kuntodarussalam in Kotolamo.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Rambah: http://lancangkuning.com/post/582/sejarah-dan-silsilah-kerajaan-rambah-di-rokan-hulu.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Rambah: https://wadahsufiyah.blogspot.nl/p/blog-page_16.html
– Daftar raja Rambah: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2010/02/kerajaan-rambah.html
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hulu: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2013/03/profil-kabupaten-rokan-hulu.html
– Kab. Rokan Hulu di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Rokan_Hulu
– Asal mulanya Kab. Rokan Hulu: http://herwandisahputra.blogspot.co.id/2014/10/kabupaten-rokan-hulu-adalah-kabupaten.html
– Sejarah Kab. Rokan Hilir: http://www.riaudailyphoto.com/2013/03/profil-kabupaten-rokan-hilir.html
– Kab. Rokan Hilir di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabupaten_Rokan_Hilir
– Sejarah Rokan Hilir: http://www.putramelayu.web.id/2014/05/sekelumit-sejarah-rokan-hilir.html