The kingdom of Letta was a kingdom on Sulawesi, in the District of Enrekang. South Sulawesi.
The title of the king is Arung.
* Foto’s old Sulawesi, tribes on Sulawesi and ancient sites: link
Kingdom of Letta and the Federation Massenrempulu
The Federation of Massenrempulu was founded Bone at the time Bissu Tonang Arung of Enrekang the 3th around the 16th century. At the beginning of this confederation, called Pitue Massenrempulu, there were seven kingdoms in in this Federation:
(kerajaan = kingdom)
- Kerajaan Endekan ruled by Arung/Puang of Endekan,
- Kerajaan Kassa ruled by Arung of Kassa’,
- Kerajaan Batulappa‘ ruled by Arung of Batulappa’,
- Kerajaan Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) which consisted of Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua by Arung/Puang Malua, Alla’ by Arung Alla’,
- Kerajaan Maiwa ruled by Arung of Maiwa,
- Kerajaan Letta‘ ruled by Arung of Letta’,
- Kerajaan Baringin (Baringeng) ruled by Arung of Baringin.
Because of the war between Bone and Wajo which was won by Arungpone, in the battle Binuang was inserted into Baqbana Binanga and for the Pituriase empire there is no explanation of the exit from the Massenrempulu Federation, so that the Federation Pitue Massenrempulu was transformed into Limae Massenrempulu because the empire incorporated in the confederation were only five kingdoms: Enrekang, Batulappa, Kassa, Letta, and Duri.
History of the Federation Massenrempulu
Since the XIV century, the region of Enrekang is called Massenrempulu ‘which means marginalize the mountain or along the mountain, while the Enrekang name from Endeg which means Rise From or Climbing and from here the origin of the name Endekan.
Historically, in the beginning Enrekang Regency was a large kingdom called Malepong Bulan, then this kingdom is Manurung with a federation that combines 7 regions / kingdom better known as the “Pitue Massenrempulu” federation, namely:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
- Kerajaan Endekan ruled by Arung/Puang Endekan
- Kerajaan Kassa ruled by Arung Kassa’
- Kerajaan Batulappa‘ ruled by Arung Batulappa’
- Kerajaan Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) which was an alliance of Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua ruled/Puang Malua, Alla’ by Arung Alla’
- Kerajaan Maiwa ruled by Arung Maiwa
- Kerajaan Letta‘ ruled by Arung Letta’
- Kerajaan Baringin (Baringeng) ruled by Arung Baringin.
Pitu Massenrempulu occurred in the 15th century. But around the 17th century Pitu Massenrempulu changed its name to “Lima Massenrempulu”, because the kingdom of Baringin and the Letta kingdom did not join the Massenrempulu federation.
Five Massenrempulu consisted of:
Because the Politics of Devide At Impera the Dutch government broke this area with the Decree of the Royal Dutch Command (KORTE VERKLARING) where the kingdom of Kassa and the kingdom of Batu Lappa was put into Sawitto. This occurred ± 1905 (XX century), so to remain in the state of FIVE MASSENREMPULU, the kingdoms within it are broken down into:
* Buntu Batu
During the dutch time the kingdoms were called “Landschap”.
– Sumber / Source: Wiki
Source (only indon. language)
– Letta dalam konfederasi Massenrempulu: http://wrotehistory.blogspot.co.id/2014/05/kerajaan-maiwa.html
– Sejarah Letta: http://ardisejarahunm.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah Kabupaten Enrekang (Massenrempulu): https://massenrengpulu.wordpress.com/pertama/sejarah-kab-enrekang/
– Sejarah Enrekang di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah Massenrempulu: http://matabugis.blogspot.co.id/2016/05/sejarah-kerajaan-massenrempulu.html
– Suku Massenrempulu: https://www.kompasiana.com/taufikhasyim/mengenal-suku-massenrempulu-di-kabupaten-enrekang_552b8e306ea83426158b4570
– Sejarah asal mula Enrekang: http://indryqhy.blogspot.co.id/2013/10/tamanurung-dari-bambapuang.html