The kingdom of Sribangun is located in prov. East Kalimantan, Bangun City, about 88 Km from Tenggarong capital of Kutai Kartanegara regency.
It is believed, that this kingdom was under the kingdom of Kutai Martadipura (4th century – 1635).
Bangun City (Kota Bangun)
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
KINGDOM OF SRIBANGUN
About the kingdom of Sribangun
Until now the kingdom of Sri Bangun is still a mystery for the historians and residents. For the historians the mystery of this kingdom may lie in the lack of historical evidence to know about this kingdom in the past. For the people of the city the mystery of this kingdom is a story of “the occult of the kingdom of Sri Bangun”. The people of the city of Bangun still believe in the existence of this kingdom until now, but its existence exists magically.
Estimated to be a subordinate of the Kingdom of Kutai Martadipura, but unlike the Hindu Martadipura, this Kingdom actually shows the style as a Buddhist kingdom with the discovery of some relics such as statues of Buddhist Nomad of Bronze, and Nandi Lembing Statue which by the local community called the Lion Noleh.
Old maps of Kalimantan
For old maps of Kalimantan (1570, 1572, 1594, 1601, 1602, 1740, 1747, 1760, 1835), klik here.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Sribangun: http://kutaihulu.blogspot.co.id/2010/08/kerajaan-sri-bangun-kerajaan-bercorak.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Sribangun: https://www.facebook.com/giuseppemezza.pranacitra/posts/505709146161964
– Sejarah Kota Bangun Kutai Kertanegara: http://kadabrakukar7.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-kota-bangun-kutai-kartanegara.html