The kingdom of Sribangun is located in prov. East Kalimantan, Bangun City, about 88 Km from Tenggarong capital of Kutai Kartanegara regency, located on the left side of homecoming of Mahakam River.
Bangun City (Kota Bangun)
* Foto sultans and kings, still on Kalimantan: link
* Foto sultans and kings in the past: link
* Foto of palaces on Kalimantan: link
* Foto of the Dayak People: link
* foto of Kalimantan in the past: link
About the kingdom
Until now the kingdom of Sri Bangun is still a mystery for the historians and residents. For the historians the mystery of this kingdom may lie in the lack of historical evidence to know about this kingdom in the past. For the people of the city the mystery of this kingdom is a story of “the occult of the kingdom of Sri Bangun”. The people of the city of Bangun still believe in the existence of this kingdom until now, but its existence exists magically.
Estimated to be a subordinate of the Kingdom of Martadipura, but unlike the Hindu Martadipura, this Kingdom actually shows the style as a Buddhist kingdom with the discovery of some relics such as statues of Buddhist Nomad of Bronze, and Nandi Lembing Statue which by the local community called the Lion Noleh.
Old maps of Kalimantan
For old maps of Kalimantan (1570, 1572, 1594, 1601, 1602, 1740, 1747, 1760, 1835), klik here.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Sribangun: http://kutaihulu.blogspot.co.id/2010/08/kerajaan-sri-bangun-kerajaan-bercorak.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Sribangun: https://www.facebook.com/giuseppemezza.pranacitra/posts/505709146161964
– Sejarah Kota Bangun Kutai Kertanegara: http://kadabrakukar7.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-kota-bangun-kutai-kartanegara.html