The kingdom (Sibayak) of Lingga. A kingdom of the Karo People, part of the Batak People. Located in the district of Karo. North Sumatra Province.
In the periode 1607-1636 Sultan Iskandar Muda recognized 4 lokal kingdoms; they were called Sibayak.
History of the kingdom
Linga Kingdom was led by Singgayak Lingga from the Clan Sinulingga, domiciled in Lingga village. Under the rule of Sibayak there were kings of the village given the title of King Urung (large village) and Pengulu (small village).
The kingdom of Lingga consisted of 6 Urung:
a. Urung XII Kuta centered in Kabanjahe
b. Urung III Kuru centered in Lingga
c. Urung Naman centered in Naman
d. Urung Tigapancur centered in Tigapancur
e. Urung Teran centered in Batukarang
f. Urung Tiganderket centered in Tiganderket.
The kings of Sebayak Linga Karo are undocumented. In the Dutch era there were re-appointed kings, but only two are known, namely:
* King Sendi Sibayak Lingga (choise of the Netherlands),
* King Kalilong Sibayak Linga.
Kingdoms in Tanah Karo
Kabupaten Karo was a part of the Kingdom of Aru.
Later in Tanah Karo were 5 kebayaka (kingdoms):
– Kingdom of Sibayak Linga (origin clan Marga Karo-Karo Sinulingga)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Sarinembah (origin clan Marga Sembiring Meliala)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Suka (origin clan Marga Marga Ginting Suka)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Barusjahe (origin Karo–Karo, Barus)
– Kingdom of Kutabuluh (Clan of Perangin-angin).
Before there were kingdoms in Tanah Karo, the society consisted only of local people. At that time the leader was appointed by the clan, and was assisted by the clan.
Around 1607-1636 Aceh came under the leadership of Sultan Iskandar Muda, who brought the Islam to Karo. The king of Aceh, called Tuan Kita, formalized 4 kingdoms, called Sibayak. They were ruled by four kings, who had vast areas.
The districts in North Sumatra which are colored, have a majority of Batak population
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Sibayak Lingga: http://limamarga.blogspot.co.id/2012/04/sejarah-sibayak-lingga.html
– Sejarah Sibayak Lingga: http://www.reocities.com/Heartland/8178/sejarah2.htm
– Kerajaan Kabupaten Karo: link
– Kerajaan Tanah Karo: http://singarimbunhoax.blogspot.co.id/2013/03/kerajaan-di-tanah-karo.html
– Kerajaan Tanah Karo:
– Urung dan Sibayak dalam Pusaran Kolonialisme: link
– Sejarah Suku Karo:
* Foto Sibayak Lingga: link