The kingdom of Muara Kaman was located in the province of East Kalimantan, Brubus Village, Muara Kaman, District of Kutai Kartanegara.
The Hindu kingdom of Muara Kaman, was founded in the 4th century AD.
District of Kutai Kartanegara
* Foto sultans and kings, still on Kalimantan: link
* Foto sultans and kings in the past: link
* Foto of palaces on Kalimantan: link
* Foto of the Dayak People: link
* foto of Kalimantan in the past: link
History of the kingdom
The Kingdom of Sentawan and the kingdom of Muara Kaman were the forerunners of the Kutai kingdom.
The oldest Kingdom in Indonesia was located in Brubus Village Muara Kaman, District Kutai Kartanegara Regency was not named Kutai Kingdom. Because Kutai Kingdom actually only appeared in Muara Mahakam, in the village of Kutai Lama Anggana District in the 13th century, whose first king was Aji Batara Agung Dewa Sakti.
The Hindu Kingdom in Muara Kaman existed in the 4th century AD, and the first king was Kudungga. Information of the Yupa Inscription and various stories and literature are very minimal. It has never been mentioned as Kutai kingdom, but it is often mentioned as the land of Martadipura with the capital of Martapura, and had a temple called Waprakeswara.
Old maps of Kalimantan (Borneo)
For old maps of Kalimantan (1570, 1572, 1594, 1601, 1602, 1740, 1747, 1760, 1835), klik here.
Kalimantan (Borneo) 1601
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Muara Kaman: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muara_Kaman,_Kutai_Kartanegara
– Sejarah kerajaan Muara Kaman: http://ariankula.blogspot.co.id/2013/11/kerajaan-tertua-di-indonesia.html