The principality of Mangkunegara was founded in 1757 and exists untill today. Located in central Jawa, in the city of Surakarta (Solo).
About the Mangkunegara
Present Adipati (since 1987): Kanjeng Gusti Pangeran Adipati Arya Mangku Negara, Mangku Negara IX.
Born in 1951, he is the current traditional ruler. He succeeded his father Mangku Negara VIII, as on 3 September 1987.
History of Mangkunegara
Mangkunegaran is a small hereditary Duchy located within the region of Surakarta in Indonesia. It was established in 1757 by Raden Mas Said, when he submitted his army to Pakubuwono III in February, and swore allegiance to the rulers of Surakarta, Yogyakarta, and the Dutch East Indies Company, and was given an appanage of 4000 households. This was the result of the Salatiga Treaty of 1757.
The Duchy still exists untill today (2017).
The Palace of the rulers of Mangkunegaran was established by Raden Mas Said who signed a treaty with the Dutch East India Company (VOC) in 1757.
– Source: Wiki
List of Adipati
* 1835-1853: Mangkunegara III; Raden Mas Sarengat, Grandchild of Mangkunegara II
* 1881-1896: Mangkunegara V; Raden Mas Sunito, Brother of Mangkunegara IV
* 1916-1944: Mangkunegara VII; Raden Mas Soerjo Soeparto, Child of Mangkunegara V
About the palace
Mangkunegaran Palace is the palace of Sri Paduka Mangkunagara in Surakarta and was built after the year 1757 following the model of a smaller palace.
Graveyard of Astana Girilayu
Graveyard Astana Mangadeg
Astana Mangadeg is a burial complex for the early rulers (“Mangkunagara”) and close relative (dalem) of Praja Mangkunegaran. In this complex is buried Mangkunagara I (MN I), MN II, and MN III; each with its own mausoleum. In addition, within this complex is also buried a number of close relatives and the aides of the struggle in the battle against the Sultanate of Mataram and the VOC until it ends with the agreement of Salatiga Agreement (1758).
– Principality of Mangkunegara: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangkunegaran_Palace
– About the palace: http://rauphzweblog.blogspot.co.id/2008/08/description-of-mangkunegaran.html
– Treaty of Giyanti (1755): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Giyanti
– List of kings: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Kadipaten Mangkunegara di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praja_Mangkunegaran
– Sejarah Kadipaten Mangkunegara: http://www.bimbie.com/sejarah-kerajaan-mangkunegaran.htm
– Tentang Keraton Mangkunegara di Wiki: link
– Tentang Keraton Mangkunegara: https://anisavitri.wordpress.com/2011/06/24/keraton-mangkunegaran-surakarta-kebanggaan-wong-solo-kebanggaan-orang-indonesia-joglo-terbesar/
– Tentang Pangeran Mangkunegara IX di Wiki: link
– Daftar Pangeran Mangkunegara: Wiki
– Perjanjian Giyanti, 1755: link