The Dynasty of Sisingamangaraja, was located in the region of Negeri Bakkara, prov. Sumatera Utara.
The location of Bakkara is south of the Lake Toba, prov. Sumatera Utara.
About the king today
Present King: Ir. King Tonggo Tua Sinambela XV, Great-grandchild of King Sisingamangaraja XII, Ir King Tonggo Tua Sinambela (Son of Alm King Patuan Sori Sinambela & Alm Maria Magdalena Boru Pasaribu).
History of the Dynasty Sisingamangaraja / Region of Bakkara
Batak civilization in Sumatra began in nearly 3.000 years ago, through the course of a long history as a race Proto Malay (Melayu Tua) who have a religion, customs, traditions, science and philosophy are high. This Batak tribe has its own cultural characteristics on the traditions, customs, art houses, carvings, music, language, alphabet, calendar and astronomical knowledge.
History of Ancient Batak (Old Toba) in Sumatra notes that there were three royal dynasty that united the various ethnic groups who have links with some of the tribes of South India, rural Myanmar (Burma) – Thailand and Tibet, which previously had inhabited the island of Sumatra on century BC (1500 + BC). The leader among leaders (Primus Interpares) formed a dynasty that united tribal clans, kingdoms tribe in the country (up to Aceh) and kings of Marga and King Huta.
The three dynasty are:
- Dynasty Sori Mangaraja
This dynasty led by hereditary king Sori Mangaraja (adapted from Sri Maharaj). Sori Mangaraja crown counsel, Batara Guru, a character from South India. This dynasty existed for 300-500 years, since the 7th century AD (or the 9th century AD) until the beginning of the 12th century AD.
Capital of the kingdom in the Lobu Tua, Barus and Pansur as a port city and commercial center of the world. During the period, this dynasty built civilization and high culture and advanced. Dynasty ended by a devastating war between the Kingdom of Chola, India with Srivijaya in the region.
- Dynasty Hatorusan
Dynasty triumphed for nearly 300 years since the beginning of the 13th century AD until the beginning of the 16th century AD led by a hereditary king who holds the King Hatorusan I-VII. The first king, Uti Mutiaraja, derived from the descendants of Guru Tatea Bulan, Pusuk Buhit. Dynasty is trying to reorganize and continue the tradition and glory of the royal dynasty Sori Mangaraja. Capital of the Kingdom in Barus and then moved inland on the border region of Aceh. Camphor and kemenyaan remain as a source of income that are traded in the port royal Pansur, Barus. This dynasty then gave the reins of power to the royal dynasty of the State Sisingamangaraja Bakara.
- Dynasty Sisingamangaraja
This dynasty existed for 400 + years, since the 1500’s until 1907. State governmental center in Bakara, under the leadership of King Sisingamangaraja I – XII. The kingdom and the people faced the war during 30 year against the Dutch who tried to conquer the Land of Batak. The dynasty ended with the death of the last Sisingamangaraja, Ompu Patuan Bosar Sinambela (Ompu Pulo Batu) in the heroic battle at Si Onom Hudon 1907. Also killed in the battle were two of his sons, Patuan Nagari and Patuan Anggi, and his beloved daughter Lopian.
List of kings of the Sisingamangaraja Dynasty
1. Raja Sisingamangaraja I with the original name Raja Mahkota or Raja Manghuntal ruled 1540 – 1550
2. SM Raja II, Raja Manjolong with the title Datu Tinaruan or Ompu Raja Tinaruan ruled 1550 – 1595
3. SM Raja III, Raja Itubungna, 1595-1627
4. SM Raja IV, Tuan Sorimangaraja 1627-1667
5. SM Raja V, Raja Pallongos, 1667-1730
6. SM Raja VI, Raja Pangolbuk, 1730-1751
7. SM Raja VII, Ompu Tuan Lumbut, 1751-1771
8. SM Raja VIII, Ompu Sotaronggal, with the title Raja Bukit 1771-1788
9. SM Raja IX, Ompu Sohalompoan, with the title Datu Muara Labu, 1788-1819
10. SM Raja X, Aman Julangga, with the title Ompu Tuan Na Bolon, 1819-1841
11. SM Raja XI, Ompu Sohahuaon, 1841-1871
12. SM Raja XII, Patuan Bosar, with the title Ompu Pulo Batu, 1871-1907
Mahkuta had actually started a new dynasty of the King BC dynasty which ruled Batak until SM King XII. He is still honored. When the Dynasty of King BC got difficulties in internal affairs, representatives of the descendants of the Kings of Uti often presented to mediate.
King SM King XII, in recognition of his efforts to expel the Bottar Mata, the Dutch colonist, was awarded the National Hero of Indonesia by Presidential Decree No. RI. 590 On November 9, 1961.
Palace of the king
Location: Istana Raja Sisingamangaraja is located in Dusun Lumban Raja, Desa Simamora, Baktiraja.
Entering the gate with a typical roof of traditional Batak Toba, there is a stone building with the floor is overgrown with Japanese grass. Exactly in the middle of the stone building there is a picture of the battle flag Sisingamangaraja XII.
The war flag contains images of two twin swords called Piso Gaja Dompak, the heirlooms of the Sisingamangaraja I-XII kings. The heir to the throne of the king should be able to drag this sword from its container to be able to hold the title Sisingamangaraja. This is the grave of King Sisingamangara XI that is often visited by pilgrims.
* Foto palace Sisingamangaraja: link
Source Bakkara (english)
– History of the Dynasty’s in the region of Bakkara: http://landofbakara.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/three-dynasty-kingdom-of-old-batak-in.html
Source Sisingamangaraja (only indon. language)
– Raja Boental, pewaris Mahkota Kerajaan Sisingamangaraja: link
– Raja Sisingamangaraja XII: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisingamangaraja_XII
– Sejarah Dinasti Sisingamangaraja: https://nababan.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/dinasti-kerajaan-batak-3/
– Sejarah Dinasti Sisingamangaraja: http://forum.detik.com/showpost.php?p=7659047&postcount=159
– Sejarah Dinasti Sisingamangaraja: http://batak-people.blogspot.co.id/2013/04/dinasti-dinasti-batak.html
Source Bakkara (only indon. language)
– Sejarah negeri Bakkara: http://haposanbakara.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/tiga-dinasti-kerajaan-di-tanah-batak.html
– Sejarah negeri Bakkara: https://protapanuli.wordpress.com/2008/07/19/bakkara/
– Sejarah negeri Bakkara: http://humbahas.blogspot.co.id/2006/08/dinasti-dinasti-batak.html