About the king
Present Raja (2018): Raja Boti, Usif Nama Benu.
Usif Nune Benu, the fatjer of the king today, died march 2005.
History of the kingdom
Unlike elsewhere in Timor, Christianity never entered this area. Violation of rules may result in ostracism. One of the remaining remains is the Boti kingdom that inhabits the mountainous area of Kie district, South Central Timor district.
King Boti, Usif Nama Benu, had just succeeded his father, Usif Nune Benu, who died in March 2005. Usif is a title or title given Boti tribe to their king, who is also the customary and spiritual leader of Boti residents. Since the death of Usif Nune Benu, the Boti people have been in mourning, so for three years the Boti did not hold traditional parties. According to the new King, Usif Nama Benu, they usually hold customary party activities after the harvest but during this period of mourning is abolished in honor of the father of Usif Nune Benu.
Map of kingdoms on Timor, 1900
Old maps of Timor
For old maps of Timor 1521, 1550, 1600, 1650, 1733, 1700-an, 1762, 1900: klik here
Source (only indon. language)
– Tentang kerajaan Boti: http://lifestyle.liputan6.com/read/2277971/kerajaan-boti-di-pulau-timor-yang-diteropong-dari-langit
– Tentang kerajaan Boti: http://www.acehkita.com/boti-kerajaan-terakhir-di-timor/
– Tentang kerajaan Boti: http://www.indonesiabiru.com/kerajaan-boti/
– Suku Boti: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suku_Boti
– Sistem dan organisasi Suku Boti: http://kebudayaanindonesia.net/kebudayaan/1236/sistem-dan-organisasi-suku-boti
– Sejarah dan istana: link