The kingdom of Badau is located on the island of Belitung, Prov. Kepulauan Bangka Belitung.
Left: island of Bangka, right: island of Belitung
Province Bangka Belitung Islands
* Video history kingdoms on Bangka-Belitung, 1st century AD – today: link
KINGDOM OF BADAU
About the king today (2020)
History of the kingdom
Since the 15th century there was already a kingdom on Belitung, the kingdom of Badau, with Datuk Mayang Geresik as the first king. The centre of the government was located in the vicinity of Pelulusan today. It covered the area Badau, Ibul, Bange, Bentaian, Simpang Tiga, up to Buding, Manggar and Gantung. There are some relics of history, that shows the remains of the kingdom of Badau, such as spear, sword, gong, kelinang, and more. These relics can be found in the Museum Badau.
Belitung is an archipelago, which had in the past several kings. At the end of the 7th century, Belitung was recorded as a part of the Kingdom of Srivijaya, then when the Majapahit Empire became strong in 1365, the island became one of the bastions of this kingdom. Only in the 15th century, Belitung got administration rights. But even then not for long, because when Palembang was ruled by Cakradiningrat II, the island was soon conquered by Palembang.
The kingdoms on Belitung were:
* Kingdom of Badau,
* Kingdom of Balok,
* Kingdom of Belantu,
* Kingdom of Buding.
1821, Belitung Island entered the territory of the UK. The British Resident in Bangka appointed a king of Siak to rule Belitung, because on this small island there was often resistance led by traditional elders. Based on the decisions of the Commissioner General of the United Kingdom on 17 April 1817, the British handed over Belitung to the Kingdom of the Netherlands. On behalf of Her Majesty the Queen of the Netherlands, was appointed a Resident Assistant to run the government in Belitung Island.
At that time Belitung was divided into six regions, namely:
* Tanjungpandan dan Gantung/Lenggang directly under the administration of Depati;
* Badau, Sijuk, Buding and Belantu under the respective governments Ngabehi.
In 1890, the Ngabehi removed and replaced with the District Chief.
– Sumber Wiki: link
List of kings
The lineage of the king of Badau can be seen at the Badau Museum.
* Starting from Datuk Mayang Gresik (Ngabehi Badau),
* Then in succession Batin Badau (Ngabehi Badi Patah),
* Datuk Badau (Datuk Padu),
* Datuk Deraim,
* Datuk Abdul Rahman,
* Datuk Abdul Awal,
* Kik Moh Arif,
* Djohar Djuki see photo above,
* Djohar, the last descendant, who is now one of the caretakers of the Badau Museum.
– Sumber / Source: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Silsilah raja Badau: http://rajabadau.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah kerajaan Badau: http://badau-badau.blogspot.co.id/
– Kerajaan Badau: http://belitongekspres.co.id/2014/12/04/kerajaan-badau/
– Cerita rakyat raja Badau: http://rajabadau.blogspot.co.id/
– Museum kerajaan Badau Belitung: http://www.thearoengbinangproject.com/museum-badau-belitung/
– Makam keluarga kerajaan Badau: http://www.tribunnews.com/lifestyle/2011/05/06/inilah-59-makam-keluarga-kerajaan-badau
– Museum Badau Belitung: http://www.thearoengbinangproject.com/museum-badau-belitung/
– 4 Kerajaan di Belitung: https://belitungpojok.wordpress.com/2011/11/18/masa-kerajaan/
– Sejarah Belitung / Badau di Wiki: link
– Sejarah pulau Bangka: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Bangka
– Sejarah pulau Belitung: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Belitung
Grave of family of the kingdom of Badau