The kingdom of Tan Unggal was located in the prov. of West Kalimantan, in the district of district Sambas.
This kingdom existed in the 15th century.
District of Sambas
* Foto sultans and kings, still on Kalimantan: link
* Foto sultans and kings in the past: link
* Foto of palaces on Kalimantan: link
* Foto of the Dayak People: link
* foto of Kalimantan in the past: link
History of the kingdom
Based on the existing data, the kingdoms that ever existed in Sambas region until the establishment of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia, were:
- Kerajaan Wijaya Pura about 7th – 9th century
- Kerajaan Nek Riuh about 13th – 14th century
- Kerajaan Tan Unggal about 15th century
- Panembahan Sambas / Old Sambas 16th century
- Kesultanan Sambas 17th – 20th century
In the 15th century, a kingdom in the territory of Sambas was founded, named Kingdom Tan Unggal. This kingdom was led by a very cruel king named Tan Nunggal.
Kingdoms on West Kalimantan
Old maps of Kalimantan
Untuk peta-peta Kalimantan kuno (1570, 1572, 1594, 1601, 1602, 1740, 1747, 1760, 1835), klik di sini.
Kalimantan (Borneo) 1601
Source (only indon. language)
Kerajaan Tan Unggal: http://lunggisambas.blogspot.co.id/p/cerite-tan-unggal.html
Kerajaan Tan Unggal: http://www.misterpangalayo.com/2015/10/kerajaan-wijayapura-kerajaan-hindu-di.html
Kerajaan Tan Unggal: https://imanfirm1810.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/bujang-nadi-dare-nandung-kisah-cinta-terlarang/