The kingdom of Tan Unggal was located in the prov. of West Kalimantan, in the district of district Sambas.
This kingdom existed in the 15th century. Since the 7th century there were Hindu kingdoms on Sambas region, which controled the Sambas River region and its surroundings. These kingdoms are also called “Old kingdom of Sambas”.
District of Sambas
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
KINGDOM OF TAN UNGGAL
History of the kingdom of Tan Unggal, 15th century
Based on the existing data, the kingdoms that ever existed in Sambas region until the establishment of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia, were:
- Kerajaan Wijaya Pura, 7th – 9th century
- Kerajaan Nek Riuh, 13th – 14th century
- Kerajaan Tan Unggal, 15th century
- Panembahan Sambas / Old Sambas, 16th century
- After 1671 there is the Sultanate of Sambas (until today).
These four kingdoms were Hindu-Buddhist, but later there was the entry of Islam in West Kalimantan.
After the collapse of the kingdom of Panembahan Sambas in Kota Lama, a new kingdom was established, namely the Sambas sultanate with Raden Sulaiman being the first Sultan of Sambas with the title Sultan Muhammad Shafiuddin I in 1671.
In the 15th century, a kingdom in the territory of Sambas was founded, named Kingdom Tan Unggal. This kingdom was led by a very cruel king named Tan Nunggal.
Kingdoms on West Kalimantan
Old maps of Kalimantan
Untuk peta-peta Kalimantan kuno (1570, 1572, 1594, 1601, 1602, 1740, 1747, 1760, 1835), klik di sini.
Kalimantan (Borneo) 1601
Source (only indon. language)
Kerajaan Tan Unggal: http://lunggisambas.blogspot.co.id/p/cerite-tan-unggal.html
Kerajaan Tan Unggal: http://www.misterpangalayo.com/2015/10/kerajaan-wijayapura-kerajaan-hindu-di.html
Kerajaan Tan Unggal: https://imanfirm1810.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/bujang-nadi-dare-nandung-kisah-cinta-terlarang/