The kingdom of Bilba, located on the island of Rote. District of Rote Ndao. Capital: O’eboka.
Location island of Rote
Location of Bilba on Rote
Foto People of Rote
Video People of Rote
Video history of Rote and NTT, 50.000 BC-today: link
KINGDOM OF BILBA
About the king (2018)
Last king: Medio februari 2015 died Raja Drs. Frans Lenggu of Bilba.
History of the kingdom
There is no information about the history of the kingdom.
Manek Abraham Therik of Bilba (1926-1936)with his queen. Asked to step down from the throne by Holland. Collection Princess Dina Deuning Johannis -Utrecht-Holland
19 Kingdoms on Rote
Rote Island is an island of Indonesia, part of the East Nusa Tenggara province of the Lesser Sunda Islands. According to legend, this island got its name accidentally when a lost Portuguese sailor arrived and asked a farmer where he was. The surprised farmer, who could not speak Portuguese, introduced himself, “Rote”.
The Rote tribe is one of the original inhabitants of Rote Island, some of whom are also settled on Timor Island. In addition, the Rote tribe also inhabit the islands around the island of Rote, namely Ndao Island, Nuse Island, Pamana Island, Doo Island, Heliana Island, Landu Island, Manuk Island, and other small islands. There are experts who argue, that the Rote people had previously migrated from Seram Island in Maluku.
1. Baa: founded 1691.
3. Bokai: founded 1756.
4. Dehla: Split off from Oenale and was founded 1800-an.
5. Dengka: The biggest kingdom on Rote.
6. Diu: at first under the power of Korbafo, founded 1691.
7. Keka: Keka split off from Termanu in 1772.
9. Landu: the oldest kingdom on the island Rote.
10. Lelain: After split off from Bokai, it was founded in 1690.
11. Lelenuk: split off from Termanu and founded 1772.
12. Loleh: berada di pulau Rote, barat-daya Timor. Ruled by Termanu tahun 1730.
15. OEpao: Founded in 1691.
16. Ringgouw: berada di Kepulauan Rote, barat daya Pulau Timor, didirikan pada 1691.
19. Thie: From 1730 until 1756, the Manek (kings) of Thie together with the Maneks of OEpao, Loleh, Baa and Lelain went to Jawa to learn about Christianity-religion.
Kingdoms on Rote
History of the kingdoms on the island of Rote
Google translation !
The landings of the early inhabitants were in waves and fragments, until the formation of social systems such as Leo and Nusak, occurred contestation over fertile areas and pastures, for example the legend of Sabalo and Sabadai from Nusak Bokai.
– 1522: The remainder of the Magelhan crew stopped by at Rote Island, Rote Island was first written with the name Rote.
– 1621: First Dominican mission on Rote Island and Sabu Island
– 1653: Nusak Landu, Nusak Oepao, Nusak Ringgou and Nusak Bilba swear allegiance to Ter Horst, a company official in Kupang
– 1654: Ter Horst’s expedition to Rote Island to strengthen the Dutch allies (Nusak Landu, Nusak Oepao, Nusak Ringgou and Nusak Bilba)
– 1656: Dutch begin to record the whereabouts of Nusak. Arnol de Flaming said that the events in Rote were divided between those who supported the Portuguese and those who supported the Dutch. Dengka, Baa, Loleh and Bau Dale sided with the Portuguese
– 1656-1658: Dengka, Loleh, Baa and Bau Dale were forcibly occupied by the Dutch
– 1658: Dengka, Loleh, Baa and Bau Dale attacked neighboring Nusak pay a fine to the company
– 1660: Dengka Loleh, Baa, and Bau Dale were again attacked by the Dutch
– 1661: Loleh is attacked by the Dutch, 500 of Lole’s people die
– 1662: The agreement of Paravicini, Nusak Dengka, Termanu, Korbaffo, and Nusak Bilba is recognized by the Dutch
– 1676: Dutch attack Nusak Dengka and Loleh
– 1679: The Dutch first send the Rote people to learn Malay
– 1690-1691: Uprising of certain areas to ask for their own government [Journal of NTT Studies] Vol 1 No 1: 72.
– 1755: The first school on Rote Island
– 1756: Confession of the existence of Nusak Diu and Bokai. It was also the first time a school with the Rote system was created.
– 1760: Nusak Landu, Ringgou, Oesapo, Baa, Lelain (Ossipokah), Thie, Loleh and Oenale recognized by the Dutch
– 1772: Lelenuk separates from Bokai & Talae separates from Keka
– 1818-1819: The people of Hoi Ledo were banished to Babau (Kupang) because they wanted to separate from Termanu
– 1874: Manek Thie, FoE Mbura, is killed in the Nusak Termanu area. Due to Nusak Termanu’s competition to gain influence over the Netherlands. King Termanu was then dismissed from his position and then replaced by his younger brother.
– 1879: Rote Island becomes a Onder-Afdeling.
Manek Alexander Nero Lenggu of Bilba. Ruled 1883-1908). Succeeded uncle Manek Pieter Lenggu (1868-1883)
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah timbulnya kerajaan di Rote: http://sajjacob.blogspot.co.id/2015/01/sejarah-timbulnya-kerajaan-di-pulau.html
– 19 kerajaan di Rote: http://leksilion-rote.blogspot.co.id/2011/09/nusak-di-pulau-rote-leksi-ingguoe.html
– Nama nusak (kerajaan) di Rote: http://malole80.blogspot.co.id/2015/10/nama-nama-nusak-kerajaan-di-rote.html
– Sejarah kepulauan Rote di Wiki: link
– Asal usul Rote: http://yeridami.blogspot.co.id/p/asal-usul-rote.html
– Tentang suku Rote: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.co.id/2014/11/sejarah-suku-rote-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Bagaimana orang Rote mengakali belanda dalam pemerintahan: http://satutimor.com/bagaimana-orang-rote-mengakali-belanda-dalam-pemerintahan.php