The Kingdom of Baringin was a kingdom on Sulawesi, in the District of Enrekang, prov. South Sulawesi.
The title of the king is Arung. 14th Century. This kingdom was part of the Federation Massenrempulu.
District of Enrekang
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF BARINGIN
History kingdom of Baringin and the Federation Massenrempulu, 14th century
Since the 14th century, the region of Enrekang is called Massenrempulu ‘which means marginalize the mountain or along the mountain, while the Enrekang name from Endeg which means Rise From or Climbing and from here the origin of the name Endekan.
Historically, in the beginning Enrekang Regency was a large kingdom called Malepong Bulan, then this kingdom is Manurung with a federation that combines 7 regions / kingdom better known as the “Pitue Massenrempulu” federation, namely:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
- Kerajaan Endekan ruled by Arung/Puang Endekan
- Kerajaan Kassa ruled by Arung Kassa’
- Kerajaan Batulappa‘ ruled by Arung Batulappa’
- Kerajaan Tallu Batu Papan (Duri) which was an alliance of Buntu Batu, Malua, Alla’. Buntu Batu ruled by Arung/Puang Buntu Batu, Malua ruled/Puang Malua, Alla’ by Arung Alla’
- Kerajaan Maiwa ruled by Arung Maiwa
- Kerajaan Letta‘ ruled by Arung Letta’
- Kerajaan Baringin (Baringeng) ruled by Arung Baringin.
Pitu Massenrempulu occurred in the 15th century. But around the 17th century Pitu Massenrempulu changed its name to “Lima Massenrempulu”, because the kingdom of Baringin and the Letta kingdom did not join the Massenrempulu federation.
Five Massenrempulu consisted of:
Because the Politics of Devide At Impera the Dutch government broke this area with the Decree of the Royal Dutch Command (KORTE VERKLARING) where the kingdom of Kassa and the kingdom of Batu Lappa was put into Sawitto. This occurred ± 1905 (XX century), so to remain in the state of FIVE MASSENREMPULU, the kingdoms within it are broken down into:
* Buntu Batu
During the dutch time the kingdoms were called “Landschap”.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Kabupaten Enrekang (Massenrempulu): https://massenrengpulu.wordpress.com/pertama/sejarah-kab-enrekang/
– Sejarah Enrekang di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah Massenrempulu: http://matabugis.blogspot.co.id/2016/05/sejarah-kerajaan-massenrempulu.html
– Suku Massenrempulu: https://www.kompasiana.com/taufikhasyim/mengenal-suku-massenrempulu-di-kabupaten-enrekang_552b8e306ea83426158b4570
– Sejarah asal mula Enrekang: http://indryqhy.blogspot.co.id/2013/10/tamanurung-dari-bambapuang.html