The kingdom of Kendan: 6 – 7th century. Located in Bandung area, province of west Java.
* Foto old Jawa, ancient sites and Batavia (Jakarta): link
History of the kingdom
Kendan was a small religious kingdom. Kendan name was taken from the name of a hill (500 meters from the station Nagreg, southeast Cicalengka now). At the foot of the hill, there is a village called Kendan. In that area the kingdom was located.
When it was founded, this kingdom was subordinate to the kingdom of Tarumanagara. Later, the Kingdom of Kendan became the forerunner of the birth of the Kingdom of Medang Jati.
In 670 AD the Kingdoms of Induk Kendan / Kelang / Galuh, were under the power of the kingdom of Taruma Nagara; Taruma Nagara was ruled by Tarusbawa. Taruma Nagara had turned into the Kingdom of Sunda and the kingdoms of Kendan / Kelang became the Galuh Kingdom, so there were 2 new kingdoms:
* Kingdom of Sunda (Ex Taruma Nagara) with king Tarusbawa,
* Galuh Kingdom (Ex Kendan / Kelang) with king Wretikandayun.
List of kings Kendan
* 536-568: King Maha Guru Manik Maya
* 568-579: King Putra Suraliman
* 597-612: King Kandiawan
* 612-702: King Wretikandayun
– Source: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Kendan di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Kendan
– Sejarah kerajaan Kendan: http://bandungkabmozaik.com/berita-186-kerajaan-kendan.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Kendan: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Kendan: http://www.kalangsunda.net/kerajaankendan.htm
– Daftar raja Kendan: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Kendan#Raja-Raja_Kerajaan_Kendan_ini_adalah
– Situs Batu Kerajaan Kendan: link
– Situs Batu kerajaan Kendan: http://ridwanderful.com/2014/11/04/wisata-sejarah-wisata-bumi-ke-situs-batu-kerajaan-kendan-nagreg-kab-bandung/