The kingdom of Pajajaran is another name of the Sunda Kingdom when the kingdom was capitalized in the city of Pajajaran or Pakuan Pajajaran (Bogor) in West Java.
The beginning of the founding of Pajajaran was calculated in the year when Sri Baduga Maharaha came to power, in 1482.
About the kingdom of Pajajaran
The kingdom of Pajajaran is another name of the Sunda Kingdom when the kingdom was capitalized in the city of Pajajaran or Pakuan Pajajaran (Bogor) in West Java. The word Pakuan itself comes from the word Pakuwuan which means city. In the past, in Southeast Asia it was usually naming the name of the kingdom with its capital name. Some records mention that this kingdom was founded in 923 by Sri Jayabhupati, as mentioned in the Sanghyang Tapak Inscription (1030 AD) in the village of Pangcalikan and Bantarmuncang, the banks of the Cicatih River, Cibadak, Likes Earth.
History of the kingdom
As written in history, in the late 1400s the kingdom of Majapahit increasingly weakened. Rebellion, fighting over power among brothers and sisters many times. Caused by the fall of King Kertabumi (Brawijaya V) refugees from relatives of Majapahit Kingdom flew to the capital of Galuh Kingdom in Kawali, Kuningan, West Java.
Raden Baribin, one of King Kertabumi’s brothers was among them. In addition to being received peacefully by the king Raja Dewa Niskala, he was even married to Ratna Ayu Kirana, one of the daughters of King Niskala God. The King also married one of the refugee families in the group Raden Barinbin.
The wedding of Dewa Niskala caused the anger of King Susuktunggal (1475-1482) from the Sunda Kingdom. Dewa Niskala was considered to have violated the rules that should be obeyed.
There was almost a war between two kings.
Fortunately, then the advisory council succeeded in reconciling both with the decision: the two kings had to step down from the throne. Then they must surrender the throne to the designated crown prince.
Dewa Niskala appointed Jayadewata, his son, as the successor to power. King Susuktunggal also pointed to the same name. Thus, Jayadewata finally united the two kingdoms. Jayadewata who later became Sri Baduga Maharaja began to reign in Pakuan Pajajaran in 1482.
Furthermore Pakuan Pajajaran name became popular as the name of the kingdom. The beginning of establishment of Pajajaran was calculated in the year of Sri Baduga Maharaha came to power, ie, in 1482.
List of kings of Pajajaran
• Sri Baduga Maharaja (Jayadewata) (1482 – 1521), ruled in Pakuan (Bogor sekarang)
• Surawisesa (1521 – 1535), ruled in Pakuan
• Ratu Dewata (1535 – 1543), ruled in Pakuan
• Ratu Sakti (1543 – 1551), ruled in Pakuan
• Ratu Nilakendra (1551-1567), leaving Pakuan because of Hasanudin’s attack and his son, Maulana Yusuf,
• Raga Mulya (1567 – 1579), known as Prabu Surya Kencana, ruled from Pandeglang Maharaja Jayabhupati (Haji-Ri-Sunda)
• Rahyang Niskala Wastu Kencana
• Rahyang Dewa Niskala (Rahyang Ningrat Kencana)
• Sri Baduga MahaRaja
• Hyang Wuni Sora
• Ratu Samian (Prabu Surawisesa)
• Prabu Ratu Dewata.
– History of Pajajaran: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakuan_Pajajaran
– History of Pajajaran: http://jalansamadi.blogspot.com/2013/10/pajajaran-kigdom.html
– History of Pajajaran: http://indo-historycal.blogspot.com/2016/10/pajajaran-kingdom-history.html
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Pajajaran: http://wikiap.blogspot.com/2015/09/sejarah-kerajaan-pajajaran-asal-muasal.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Pajajaran: http://www.historyofcirebon.id/2017/12/kerajaan-pajajaran-masa-pendirian.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Pajajaran: https://baabun.com/kerajaan-pajajaran/
– Sejarah kerajaan Pajajaran: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakuan_Pajajaran
– Sri Baduga Maharaja (Jayadewata) (1482 – 1521): https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Baduga_Maharaja