The kingdom of Trumon was located on Sumatera, provinsi Aceh, District Aceh Selatan.
The kingdom was founded in1780 by Teungku Jakfar.
During the sultanate of Aceh this kingdom was a vassal or subordinate to the sultan of Aceh and was led by the king who had the title of Uleebalang.
After the end of the Aceh War, in 1914, the small kingdoms entered an Onderafdeling as “swapraja”.
District Aceh Selatan
* Foto kingdom of Trumon: below
About the king today (2017)
King today (2017): King of Trumon: Teuku Raja Ubiet. (2017)
History of the kingdom of Trumon
The Kingdom of Trumon was founded in 1780 AD by Teungku Jakfar, Teungku Di Anjong’s student. In 1812, Aceh Darussalam recognized Trumon as its protection country.
The late H. Mohammad Said, in his book Aceh Sepanjang Abad tells, that the Trumon kingdom was founded by a merchant as well as a religious leader (labai) from XXV Mukim Aceh Besar in the 18th century. He is none other than Labai Daffa (Labai Dafna-Dutch designation) whose real name is Teuku Djakfar.
This king, before establishing the kingdoms of Trumon and Singkil, had studied Islam in Ujung Serangga, Susoh District, Aceh Barat Daya and earned the title labai or teungku, the nickname of ulama in Acehnese society.
The Kuta Batee fort building was built when the Trumon Kingdom was led or under the rule of Teuku Raja Fansuri Alamsyah, also known as Teuku Raja Batak. During this period also, Trumon achieved its heyday and succeeded in printing its own currency as a legal medium of exchange.
Teuku Raja Batak was the third king, replacing his father named Teuku Raja Bujang who previously received the throne from his grandfather (King Bujang’s father), namely Teuku Djakfar as the founder of the Trumon Kingdom and the Singkil Kingdom.
* 1812-1835: Teuku Raja Bujang
* 1835-1843: Teuku Raja Mak Areh
* ……..-1893: Teuku Raja Iskandar
* 1893-1903: Teuku Raja Djakfar alias Teuku Haji Rayek succeeded Iskandar. Haji Rayek became a puppet king until he died in 1903.
* 1903-1907: Teuku Muda Nanggroe as Mangku Bumi. During his reign Trumon was bankrut. Muda Nanggroe died in 1907. Teuku Raja Nasruddin succeeded him until 1912.
* ……..-1927: Teuku Raja Lek, raja Trumon until 1927.
* Teuku Raja Husin, child no.4 dari Teuku Haji Djakfar alias Teuku Haji Rayeek.
Komplex of graves of the kings of Trumon in Desa Keude Trumon, Kecamatan Trumon, Aceh Selatan.
Fortress Kuala Batee of Trumon
Kuta Batee Fort was built during the reign of Teuku Raja Jakfar August 11, 1770 and finished on August 8, 1802, after which the government of Trumon Kingdom went to his son Teuku Raja Jakfar Teuku Raja Bujang.
The castle had an area of about 60 × 60 meters, with a height of about 4 meters, the thick wall reaches one meter with three layers, at that time; in the castle was printing the own money of the Kingdom of Trumon.
The Sikureng Cap and its own legitimate and world-renowned currency, made the Trumon kingdom known to Asian and European peoples.
The bastion of Kuta Batee, in addition to functioning as a defense against invaders, was also used as a center of government controlled by the king. Inside the fortress there is also a palace and a warehouse where the royal goods belonging to the kingdom.
About the small kingdoms under the sultanate of Aceh
The western part of the kingdom of Aceh Darussalam was opened and built in the 16th century on the initiative of Sultan Saidil Mukamil (Sultan of Aceh who lived between 1588-1604), followed by Sultan Iskandar Muda (Sultan of Aceh who lived in 1607-1636) the Acehnese Rayeuk and Pidie.
The first bustling area was at Meulaboh bay (Pasi Karam) ruled by a king who was titled Teuku Keujruen Meulaboh, and Negeri Daya (District Jaya) which at the end of the 15th century had established a kingdom with its king is Sultan Salatin Alaidin Riayat Shah with the title Poteu Meureuhom Daya.
The area of West Aceh at the end of the 17th century had developed into several small kingdoms led by a Uleebalang, namely: Kluang; Lamno; Kuala Lambeusoe; Kuala Daya; Kuala Unga; Babah Awe, and many more.
The structure of government of the small kingdoms
1) Gampong, the leader was called Geucik or Keuchik. The smallest territorial area of the government structure in Aceh was the Gampong. A Gampong consisted of groups of houses adjacent to each other.
The leader of the gampong was called Geucik or Keuchik, who was assisted by a proficient in religious matters, as Teungku Meunasah.
2) Mukim, the leader was called Imum Mukim. The larger territorial area of government was the Mukim. The Mukim was a combination of several gampongs, which were located nearby.
The leader of Mukim was called Imum Mukim. He was the one who coordinated the village (gampong) heads or Keuchik-Keuchik.
3) Sago or Sagoe, the leader was called Commander Sagoe or Panglima Sagi. In the Aceh region of Rayeuk (District Aceh Besar now), was a form of government called Sagoe or Sagi. The entire region of Aceh Rayeuk was incorporated into three Sagi, which can be regarded as three federations. The three Sagoe or Sagi were named:
1. Sagi XXII Mukim, consisted of 22 mukim.
2. Siva XXV Mukim, consisted of 25 mukim
3. Sagi XXVI Mukim, consisted of 26 Mukim
The leader was called Panglima Sagoe or Panglima Sagi, from generation to generation, they also hold the title of Uleebalang.
They were appointed as Panglima Sagi by the Sultan of Aceh, who gave them a stamp of the Kingdom of Aceh known as Cap Sikureung.
4) Nangroe, the leader was called Uleebalang. Another form of royal territory found in Aceh was called Nangroe or Negeri. This Nangroe was actually a conquered area of the Kingdom of Aceh and was located outside Aceh Inti or Aceh Rayeuk.
The leadership of Nangroe was called Uleebalang, which was established by tradition for generations.
The Uleebalang was the Head of State of the small kingdoms who were very powerful. However, when they assume the position of Uleebalang in their area, they had to be approved by the Sultan of Aceh. The Appointment Letter was called Sarakata and stamped with the stamp of the Kingdom of Aceh, Cap Sikureung.
5) The Sultan. The highest level in the government structure of the Kingdom of Aceh was the central government based in the royal capital, formerly known as Bandar Aceh Dar as Salam. The head of the central government was the Sultan who had the title of Tuanku.
Map of the small kingdoms in Aceh 1917
Source Trumon (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Trumon di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Trumon: http://pikiranmerdeka.co/2015/09/21/kerajaan-negeri-trumon/
– Sejarah kerajaan Trumon dan daftar Raja Trumon: http://yusmarwandi.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/sejarah-kerajaan-trumon.html
– Kerajaan Trumon dan Benteng Kuta Bate: http://leser-aceh.blogspot.co.id/2012/03/kerajaan-trumon-dan-benteng-kuta-batee.html
– Kerajaan Trumon dan Benteng Kuta Bate: https://www.facebook.com/notes/sejarah-aceh/kerajaan-trumon-dan-benteng-kuta-batee/10151007163948541/
Source (only indon. language)
– Uleebalang di Aceh: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesultanan_Aceh#Ul.C3.A8.C3.ABbalang_.26_Pembagian_Wilayah
– Uleebalang di kesultanan Aceh: https://www.kompasiana.com/ruslan./siapakah-uleebalang_552c324c6ea83444128b4580
– Sejarah Uleebalang: https://www.facebook.com/boy.adityamawardi/posts/771874096190147
– Struktur pemerintahan kesultanan Aceh: http://febasfi.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/struktur-atau-lembaga-pemerintahan.html
– Struktur pemerintahan kesultanan Aceh: http://helmiyymailcom.blogspot.co.id/2012/10/struktur-pemerintahaan-kerajaan-aceh.html
– Struktur pemerintahan kesultanan Aceh: http://wartasejarah.blogspot.co.id/2013/07/kerajaan-aceh.html
– Tentang uleebalang: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ul%C3%A8%C3%ABbalang