The Keraton of Kaprabonan was founded in 1696. Located in the city of Cirebon, Jawa.
There are 4 Keratons in Cirebon.
* Keraton Kanoman: Present Sultan Kanoman Cirebon 12 Kanjeng Gusti Muhammad Emirrudin.
* Keraton Kasepuhan, present Sultan: Sultan Sepuh XIV
* Keraton Kacirebonan, present Pangeran: Pangeran Kacirebonan Pangeran Abdul-gani Natadiningrat
* Keraton Kaprabonan, present Pangeran: Pangeran Kaprabonan Cirebon X Pangeran Hempi Raja Kaprabonan.
Location of Cirebon
About the king
Present Pangeran of Kaprabonan (2013): Pangeran Kaprabonan Cirebon X. Dilantik tahun 2001. Installed in 2001.
Info from kerajaan indonesia: Kaprabonan and Kacirebonan only has a pangeran as king. Although Kacirebonan tries to let raise his title.
History of keraton Kaprabonan
The Sultanate of Cirebon was established in 1552 by the commander of the sultanate of Demak, then the Sultan of Cirebon died in 1570 and was succeeded by his son who was very young at that time.
Sultans of the Sultanate of Cirebon:
- 1479-1568: Sunan Gunung Jati
- 1568-1570: Fatahillah
- 1570-1649: Panembahan Ratu I
- 1649-1677: Panembahan Ratu II
1677: the first division of the Sultanate of Cirebon, occurred during the crowning of three sons Panembahan Girilaya, Sultan Sepuh, Sultan Anom, and Panembahan Cirebon in 1677. This is a new chapter for the palace of Cirebon, in which the empire was split into three and each ruling and lowers the next emperor. Thus, the next rulers of Cirebon Sultanate were:
- Sultan Palace Kasepuhan, Prince Martawijaya, with the title Sultan Muhammad Samsudin Makarimi Sepuh Abil (1677-1703)
- Sultan Kanoman, Prince Kartawijaya, with the title Sultan Muhammad Badrudin Makarimi Anom Abil (1677-1723)
- Panembahan Prince Wangsakerta, as Panembahan Cirebon with the title of Prince Abdul Kamil Muhammad Nasarudin or Panembahan Tohpati (1677-1713). Prince Wangsakerta not appointed but only Panembahan sultan. He does not have jurisdiction or the palace itself, but stands as Kaprabonan (paguron) is a place to learn the intellectual palace.
1807: there was a split because one of his sons, namely Prince Raja Kanoman, want to secede to build the empire itself as the Sultanate Kacirebonan.
The will of the Prince King Kanoman supported by the Dutch colonial government to release Besluit (Dutch: decree) Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies who raised Prince Raja Kanoman became Sultan Carbon Kacirebonan in 1807 with the restriction that the sons and successors are not entitled to the title of sultan, simply by the title of prince.
List of kings
After Pangeran Raja Adipati Kaprabon as Sultan Pandita (preacher) Islam Tareqat died in 1734 AD, then hereditary was forwarded by his son, namely:
* 1734-1766: Pangeran Kusumawaningyun Kaprabon
* 1766-1798: Pangeran Brataningrat Kaprabon
* 1798-1838: Pangeran Raja Sulaiman Sulendraningrat Kaprabon
* 1838-1878: Pangeran Arifudin Kusumabratawirdja Kaprabon
* 1878-1918: Pangeran Adikusuma Adiningrat Kaprabon
* 1918-1946: Pangeran Angkawijaya Kaprabon
* 1946-1974: Pangeran Aruman Raja Kaprabon
* 1974-2001: Pangeran Herman Raja Kaprabon
*2001-sekarang: Pangeran Hempi Raja Kaprabon
Palace: Keraton Kaprabonan
Foto Keraton Kaprabonan: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah keraton Kaprabonan: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaprabonan
– Sejarah singkat keraton Kaprabonan: http://kaprabonan.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah: kerajaan indonesia
– Website Keraton Kaprabonan: link
– Daftar Raja: http://kaprabonan.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah kesultanan Cirebon (1430-1667) di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kesultanan Cirebon (1430-1667) : http://www.sejarahnusantara.com/kerajaan-islam/sejarah-kejayaan-kesultanan-cirebon-1445%E2%80%931677-kesultanan-pakungwati-cirebon-10026.htm