The Sultanate of Kualuh was located in Sumatera, District of Labuhanbatu, prov. north Sumatera.
The sultanate was founded in the 19th century.
* Foto sultanate of Kualuh: link
About the king
Present Raja (2018): Yang Dipertuan Muda, Haji Tengku Zainul Abidin.
He was installed 25-5-2013.
From kerajaan indonesia: Installation of new Yang Dipertuan Muda of Kualuh on 25 – 5 – 2013.
He is Haji Tengku Zainul Abidin. Although never there was any Sultan in Kualuh, he was installed as Tuanku Sultan Al-Haj Zainul Abidin Mansyur Syah.
History of the sultanate
Dutch invaders entered the region of Labuhan Batu in 1825.
Before the dutch entered the area Labuhan Batu, the system of government in Labuhan Batu was a monarchy, the Head of Government was called Sultan or Raja, who was assisted by Bendahara Paduka Sri Maharaja, who served as Chief of daily administration (sort of the Prime Minister).
The Sultanate located in the district of Labuhanbatu at that time, consisted of four kingdoms, namely:
* kingdom of Kota Pinang based in Kota Pinang,
* kingdom of Kualuh based in Tanjung Pasir
* kingdom of Panai based in Labuhan Bilik
* kingdom of Bilah based in Negeri Lama.
Map of kingdoms on North Sumatera 19th century
About the kings
1868: Kualu recognized as an independent state.
* 1868 -1882: Namalullah bin Muhammad Ishak (died 1882)
* 1882- 1946: Tunku Biong Muhammad Syah bih (born 1867 -died 1946?)
Source (only indon. language)
– Sumber silsilah Kualuh: http://sejarah-labuhanbatu.blogspot.co.id/p/legendahikayat.html
– Pengobatan raja 2013: kerajaan indonesia:
– Daftar Raja: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states1.html
– Revolusi sosial tahun 1946 di Negeri Kualuh: link
– Sejarah Kabupaten Labuhan Batu: http://www.kemendagri.go.id/pages/profil-daerah/kabupaten/id/12/name/sumatera-utara/detail/1210/labuhan-batu
– Sejarah kerajaan-kerajaan di Labuhan Batu: http://earning-news.blogspot.co.id/2010/04/sejarah-labuhan-batu.html
– Sejarah Labuhanbatu: http://desahutagodang.blogspot.co.id/2011/11/sejarah-labuhan-batu.html