The Confederation of Ajatappareng was a form of a partnership agreement between 5 kingdoms of South Sulawesi. Existed in the 16th century.
The 5 kingdoms were: Suppa, Sawitto, Sidenreng, Rappang, and Alitta. This Confederation was founded in the 16th century.
Prov. of South Sulawesi
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video sejarah kerajaan-kerajaan di Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
About the Confederation of Ajatappareng, 16th century
The Confederation of Ajatappareng was a form of a partnership agreement between 5 kingdoms of South Sulawesi. This Confederation was founded in the 16th century.
The Confederation of Ajatappareng was formed to create prosperity and peace in order to organize the common life in Ajatappareng area.
The formation of this partnership was also in response to the increasing external demand for export commodities, along with the presence of foreign traders, especially Malay traders in the region.
In addition, the formation of this alliance was also inseparable from the competition between the main kingdoms in South Sulawesi, to control trade and the expansion of territory.
In addition, the agreement underlying the formation of the Confederation of Ajatappareng also contained the values of brotherhood, togetherness, equality, tolerance, unity among the five kingdoms in the area of Ajatappareng (Suppa, Sawitto, Sidenreng, Rappang and Alitta). Even the agreement contained a number of noble values that cover almost all aspects of community life in building a common life in the area of Ajatappareng.
Confederation of Ajatappareng – Map of Sulawesi made by Portugis in 1633 – in the circle the region of Siang and Ajatappareng (Dari Buku Stephen Druce)
Source (only indon. language)
– Tentang Konfederasi Ajatappareng: http://www.pustaka-bpnbkalbar.org/pustaka/konfederasi-ajatappareng-kajian-sejarah-persekutuan-antarkerajaan-di-sulawesi-selatan-abad
– Tentang Konfederasi Ajatappareng: https://dediniblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/mengenal-ajatappareng-kerajaan-kerajaan-bugis-di-barat-danau/
– Tentang Konfederasi Ajatappareng: https://apakirakira.com/artikel/budaya/konfederasi-ajatappareng/
Kingdoms in South Sulawesi, 1600