The Kingdom of Arungkeke is a kingdom in the District of Jeneponto, prov. south Sulawesi.
District of Jeneponto
Present king (2010)
King of Arungkeke: Arifin Ngalle.
History of the kingdom
In the past there were in Jeneponto region at least four kingdoms: The kingdoms of Binamu, Bangkala, Tarowang and Arungkeke.
The kingdom of Arungkeke is the only kingdom in Jeneponto, that never submitted to the domination of the Kingdom of Gowa and Bone, and was able to form a kingdom.
This, despite being among the three major kingdoms in South Sulawesi, namely the Kingdom of Luwu, Gowa and Bone kingdom, and also three local kingdoms in the vicinity, namely Binamu, Bangkala and Tarowang.
The Kingdom of Arungkeke still shows a typical local identity, without denying the existence of various cultural assimilation between the kingdoms, who colored the long journey of this kingdom.
Tomb of Karaeng Bainea Karaeng Intang (queen of Karaeng Raja (king) Arungkeke, Arung Mutara’-Butara ‘Daeng Tabba).
List of Kings
- Ratu/ Karaeng Baine Toalu’Daeng Taba (Tumanurung)
- Arung Mutara’ Daeng Tabba (origin Bone)
- Makkumala Daeng Irawa (from Bantaeng)
- Daeng Malonjo’ (from Bantaeng)
- Daeng Mattinri Karaeng Pakadoa
- Supanara’ Daeng Nara (Gantarang Kindang Gowa)
- Mannyaurang Daeng Tau (child of king the-6)
- Danta’ Mappasang/Mappa Daeng Pasang Karaeng Toa
- Pagonra Daeng Momo
- Sallawa Daeng Sayu Karaeng Assuluka
- Pattoreang Daeng Kanna
- Djarigau’ Karaeng Cambang (from Binamu-Gowa)
- Makkodo’ Karaeng Bukkuka
- Kadieng Daeng Maro Karaeng Po’nyayya
- Jannang Daeng Rara
- Timung Daeng Mabatu Karaeng Ammadaka
- Pabeta Daeng Buang Karaeng Tinggia
- Jannang Daeng Rara
- Pilla Karaeng Loloa
- Kadieng Karaeng Caddi
- Lawing Daeng Palliwang Karaeng Ngilanga
- Jannang Daeng Maro
- Kuri Daeng Jalling Karaeng Toaya
- Mattuppuang Karaeng loloa
- Tempo Karaeng Gau (Tunijallo Ripassuki)
- A.Burhan Gassing Karaeng Gassing
- Mahdi Karaeng Kulle
- Rudda Karaeng Moke
- Muh. Yunus Karaeng Nojeng
- Muh. Sa’ing Karaeng Bulu
- Pakihi Karaeng Raja
- M. Jafar Bantang Karaeng Ngawing
– Source: link