History of the kingdom
Karo Regency was in the past a part of the Kingdom of Aru.
The Kutabuluh Kingdom was led by Sibayak Kutabuluh from th clan Perangin-angin located in Kutabuluh village. Under the rule of Sibayak there were kings of the village given the title of King Urung (large village) and Pengulu (small village).
The kingdom of Kutabuluh existed of 2 urung:
a. Urung Namohaji centered in Kutabuluh
b. Urung Langmelas centered in Mardingding.
Kingdoms in Tanah Karo
Kabupaten Karo was a part of the Kingdom of Aru.
Later in Tanah Karo were 5 kebayaka (kingdoms):
– Kingdom of Sibayak Linga (origin clan Marga Karo-Karo Sinulingga)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Sarinembah (origin clan Marga Sembiring Meliala)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Suka (origin clan Marga Marga Ginting Suka)
– Kingdom of Sibayak Barusjahe (origin Karo–Karo, Barus)
– Kingdom of Kutabuluh (Clan of Perangin-angin).
Before there were kingdoms in Tanah Karo, the society consisted only of local people. At that time the leader was appointed by the clan, and was assisted by the clan.
Around 1607-1636 Aceh came under the leadership of Sultan Iskandar Muda, who brought the Islam to Karo. The king of Aceh, called Tuan Kita, formalized 4 kingdoms, called Sibayak. They were ruled by four kings, who had vast areas.
The districts in North Sumatra which are colored, have a majority of Batak population
Source (only indon. language)
– Tentang raja Kutabuluh: Batiren Perangin-angin,lebih dikenal dengan nama Pa’Tolong: http://keluargaperanginangin.blogspot.co.id/2013/12/menelusuri-jejak-batiren-perangin-angin.html#pages/1
– Kerajaan Kabupaten Karo: link
– Kerajaan Tanah Karo: http://singarimbunhoax.blogspot.co.id/2013/03/kerajaan-di-tanah-karo.html
– Kerajaan Tanah Karo:
– Urung dan Sibayak dalam Pusaran Kolonialisme: link
– Sejarah Suku Karo: