* Foto old Sulawesi, tribes on Sulawesi and ancient sites: link
About the king today (2018)
Present king: Karaeng Haji Ali Mallongbasi. He was installed 25-7-2008.
History of the kingdom
Sanrabone is a little principality south of Makassar. In the makassar,or Gowa area there were several little principalities founded by high, or lower descendants of a Gowa sultan.Sanrabone is descended from a high prince. In ca. 1860 the principalities in this area mostly lost their indirect monarchy rule and became regencies; ruled however still by the dynasties.
Sanrabone principality was for a time under the sway of Gowa,of course later made a bit more independent by Holland. The dynasty was quite a lot intermarried with the Gowa dynasty, so that several rajas of sanrabone also were Sultans of Gowa.
The present Karaeng of sanrabone was insrtalled shortly after this picture was taken. He has a special coloured belt with blocks around his waist. That means in Bugis/Makasarese royal world, that he is a Monarch.
Map of South Sulawesi (incl. Takalar) 1909
List of kings
c.1540 Sanrabone founded by scion of Gowa.
* 1667 -1709: I Mappadulung Daeng Mattimung Karaeng Abdul Jalil
* 1709 -1710: I Yatatojeng Karaeng Bontomajannang
* 1710 – 1725: Lau Pakanna Karaeng Pangkajene
* 1725 – 17….: Garassi
* 17…. – 17….: Tumenanga III ri Masigi’na
* 17…. – 1742: Tumenanga IV Mamampang ri Sanrabne
* 1742 – 1763: Tumenanga V I Pammusurang
* 17…. 17 …..: Tumenanga VI ri La Guruda
* ……. -.. …..: La Patau
* ……. – ……: I Memang Karaeng Bulu-Bulu
* ……. – ……: I Bantang Daeng Ngilau Tumenanga VII ri Kabara’na
* ……. – 1838: I Guntutu Datu Lulu
* 1838 – 1860: I Pamusurang Daeng Pabeta
* 1860: I Yusuf Daeng Ropu
* 1860 – 1867: I Baso Daeng Nyengka Patombong
* Karaenga Campagaya (regent from 1865)
* 1867 – 2008: Interregnum
* 25 Jul 2008: Andi Ali Malongbasang
Source (only indon. language)
Kurang info ada di internet tentang Sanrabone.
– Daftar Raja Sanrabone: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Sejarah Sanrabone: http://www.indonesiatravelingguide.com/sulawesi-dynasties/sanrabone-karaeng-haji-ali-mallongbasi/
– Info Raja (2008): link