The kingdom of Sanrabone is a kingdom of the Bugis People; located on Sulawesi, District of Takalar, prov. South Sulawesi. This kingdom already existed in the 16th century.
District of Takalar
Line of kingdoms on Sulawesi: link
Foto kingdoms on Sulawesi
Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi, 40.000 BC – 2018: link
– Video history kingdoms on South Sulawesi, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on Sulawesi Tenggara, 50.000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on North Sulawesi, 4000 BC – today: link
KINGDOM OF SANRABONE
About the king today (2018)
Present king: Karaeng Haji Ali Mallongbasi. He was installed 25-7-2008.
History of the kingdom
Sanrabone is a little principality south of Makassar. In the Makassar, or Gowa area there were several little principalities founded by descendants of a Gowa sultan. Sanrabone is descended from a high prince. In ca. 1860 the principalities in this area mostly lost their indirect monarchy rule and became regencies; ruled however still by the dynasties.
Sanrabone principality was for a time under Gowa, later became more independent by the dutch. The dynasty was quite a lot intermarried with the Gowa dynasty, so that several rajas of Sanrabone also were Sultans of Gowa.
The present Karaeng of Sanrabone has a special coloured belt with blocks around his waist. That means in Bugis/Makasarese royal world, that he is a Monarch.
Map of South Sulawesi (incl. Takalar) 1909
List of kings
c.1540 Sanrabone founded by scion of Gowa.
* 1667 -1709: I Mappadulung Daeng Mattimung Karaeng Abdul Jalil
* 1709 -1710: I Yatatojeng Karaeng Bontomajannang
* 1710 – 1725: Lau Pakanna Karaeng Pangkajene
* 1725 – 17….: Garassi
* 17…. – 17….: Tumenanga III ri Masigi’na
* 17…. – 1742: Tumenanga IV Mamampang ri Sanrabne
* 1742 – 1763: Tumenanga V I Pammusurang
* 17…. 17 …..: Tumenanga VI ri La Guruda
* ……. -.. …..: La Patau
* ……. – ……: I Memang Karaeng Bulu-Bulu
* ……. – ……: I Bantang Daeng Ngilau Tumenanga VII ri Kabara’na
* ……. – 1838: I Guntutu Datu Lulu
* 1838 – 1860: I Pamusurang Daeng Pabeta
* 1860: I Yusuf Daeng Ropu
* 1860 – 1867: I Baso Daeng Nyengka Patombong
* Karaenga Campagaya (regent from 1865)
* 1867 – 2008: Interregnum
* 25 Jul 2008: Andi Ali Malongbasang
Left: Karaeng of Sanrabone, middle: Karaeng of Laikang. Foto 2017
2nd from left: the on 25-7-2008 installed 38th raja, or Karaeng of Sanrabone – Karaeng Andi Ali Malongbasang.
The tomb of the kings of Sanrobone in the form of a dome called “Kobbang”, is adjacent to the Baitul Muqqadis Grand Mosque, one of the oldest mosques in South Sulawesi. Photo July 24, 2011
Location: Sanrobone Village, Sanrobone District, Takalar Regency. Photo source: History of Sulawesi, FB