The Kingdom of Alu was a kingdom of the Mandar People, located in the District Polewali Mandar, province of west Sulawesi.
The title of the king is Maraqdia.
District Polewali Mandar
About the king today
Temporary official of the kingdom: Pa’bicara Kaiyyang, Arayang Alu.
In the middle: Pa’bicara Kaiyyang Arayang Alu.
History of the kingdom of Alu
The kingdom of Alu belonged to Tiparittiqna Uhai, one of the three groups of local kingdoms: Pitu Ulunna Salu, Pitu Baqbana Binanga, and Mammulana Tiparittiqna Uwai.
Alu kingdom covered Peto’osang and surrounding areas.
There was one famous Maraqdia (king), named Arajang Alu Calo Ammana I Wewang Maraqdia Malolo Balanipa, during the reign of Arajang Balanipa To Kape, Kacoq Puang Ammana I Pattolawali Arajang ALU after Calo Ammana I Wewang descendant of Maraqdia Pamboang, who ruled around 1887 until around 1920, and later was replaced by Arajang Annangguru Maraqdia ALU.
Ammana I Wewang was appointed King in Alu Kingdom to replace his father first to be Maraqdia Malolo in Balanipa Kingdom. He became King in Alu in 1886, ie 2 years later after taking office as Commander-in-Chief (Maraqdia Malolo).
17 Kingdoms of the Mandar Region
Mandar tribe consists of 17 kingdoms: 7 kingdoms called “Pitu Ulunna Salu”, 7 kingdoms called “Pitu ba’bana binanga” and 3 kingdoms called “Kakarunna Tiparittiqna Uhai”.
The seven kingdoms belonging to Persekutuan Pitu Ulunna Salu are:
Seven (7) kingdoms belonging to Persekutuan Pitu Baqbana Binanga are :
Three (3) kingdoms belonging to Kakaruanna Tiparittiqna Uhai or the region of Lembang Mappi are:
1. Kingdom of Allu
2. Kingdom of Tuqbi
3. Kingdom of Taramanuq
Source (only indon. langauge)
– Sejarah kerajaan Alu: http://junaidiaandha.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/nama-besar-dari-maraqdia-alu.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Alu: http://arekindo.blogspot.co.id/2014/04/kerajaan-alu.html
– Tentang raja Alu, Ammana I Wewang: http://juraganpasarjitu.blogspot.co.id/2014/07/ammana-i-wewang-diangkat-menjadi-raja.html
– Suku Mandar di Wiki: Wiki
– Sejarah Pitu Ulunna Salu: http://mamasa-online.blogspot.co.id/2009/11/pitu-ulunna-salu-kuasa-dalam-balutan.html
– Pitu Ulunna Salu dan Pitu Baqbana Binanga: http://kampung-mandar.web.id/sejarah/pus-pbb.html
– Kerajaan lokal di Mandar: http://mandarinfo.blogspot.co.id/search/label/Kerajaan%20-%20Kerajaan%20Lokal%20di%20Mandar
– Kerajaan Pitu Ulunna Salu: http://mandarinfo.blogspot.co.id/search/label/Kerajaan%20Pitu%20Ulunna%20Salu