The Sultanate of Demak: 1475–1548. Located on the north coast of Jawa.
Sultanate of Demak in the 16th century
* Foto sultanate of Demak: link
History of the sultanate of Demak
The Demak Sultanate was a Javanese Muslim state located on Java’s north coast in Indonesia, at the site of the present day city of Demak. A port fief to the Majapahit kingdom thought to have been founded in the last quarter of the 15th century, it was influenced by Islam brought by Muslim traders from China, Gujarat, Arabia and also from Islamic kingdoms in the region, such as Samudra Pasai and Champa. The sultanate was the first Muslim state in Java, and once dominated most of the northern coast of Java and southern Sumatra.
Despite its short period, the sultanate played an important role in the establishment of Islam in Indonesia, especially on Java and neighboring area.
Demak’s origins are uncertain although it was apparently founded in the last quarter of the 15th century by a Muslim, known as Raden Patah (from Arabic name: “Fatah”, also called “Pate Rodin” in Portuguese records, or “Jin Bun” in Chinese record). There is evidence that he had Chinese ancestry and perhaps was named Cek Ko-po.
Raden Patah’s son, or possibly his brother, led Demak’s brief domination in Java. He was known as Trenggana, and later Javanese traditions say he gave himself the title Sultan. It appears that Trenggana had two reigns—c 1505–1518 and c 1521–1546—between which his brother in law, Yunus of Jepara occupied the throne.
List of kings
– Sumber / Source: Wiki
Tomb of Raden Patah
Grave of Raden Patah, Raden Pati Unus and the queen
Great Mosque of Demak
Masjid Agung Demak (or Demak Great Mosque) is one of the oldest mosques in Indonesia, located in the center town of Demak, Central Java Indonesia. The mosque is believed to be built by the Nine Muslim Saints (Wali Songo) with the most prominent figure Sunan Kalijaga, during the first Demak Sultanate ruler, Raden Patah during the 15th century.
– Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demak_Great_Mosque
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kesultanan Demak di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kesultanan islam Demak: https://helmiairan.wordpress.com/2011/08/21/kerajaan-islam-di-pulau-jawa/
– Sejarah kesultanan Demak: http://sejarahbudayanusantara.weebly.com/kerajaan-demak.html
– Sejarah kesultanan Islam Demak: http://informasiana.com/kerajaan-islam-di-indonesia-sejarah-kerajaan-demak/#
– Daftar raja Demak: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daftar_raja_di_Jawa#Demak
– Raja raja pernah memerintah Demak: http://www.sejarah-negara.com/raja-raja-yang-pernah-memerintah-kerajaan-demak/
– Lokasi Keraton Demak: http://tourdejava-manazati.blogspot.co.id/2009/12/hasil-penelitian-lokasi-keraton.html
– Di mana keraton Demak ?: http://sains.kompas.com/read/2014/08/18/18241421/Di.Mana.Keraton.Kerajaan.Demak.Berada.
– Sejarah keraton Demak: https://kedungbantengcity.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/sejarah-keraton-demak-situs-kerajaan-yang-hilang/