The kingdom of Mori was a kingdom of the Mori People; located on Sulawesi, in the prov. of central Sulawesi.
The title of the king is Mokole.
* Foto palace kingdom of Mori: link
About the king
Present Raja (2018): King Raja Muda Ten Marunduh Murut (chief of the dynasty) – chairman of the Dewan Adat of Mori.
The king is known as “Mokole Marunduh”, Datu’ri tana Mokole Marunduh.
From link: The last Mokole, or Raja was his father Mokole Owolu Marunduh. This raja refused to take a position in WW II against the Dutch, because he had discivered before, that the Dutch also had good intentions to develop his principality.
He helped anti-Japanese rebels and so did the people. For his pro-Dutch opinion he was deposed in 1942 and replaced by his son Mokole Besau Marunduh. In 1945 he was restored again.
Being the oldest surviving son of his father he now is the temporary-dynastychief of Mori. But there are plans later to install a younger prince of the dynasty as new Mokole.
The dynasty was and still is a dedicated dynasty to the well-being of it’s people. Before they were and still are. They always were known as hardworking people.
History of the kingdom
The approximate time of the founding of the Mori Kingdom was about circa 1580 with the first King, Marunduh I (1580-1620).
At first the people inhabiting the Poso region were under the rule of the Kings Government consisting of King Poso, King Napu, Raja Mori, Raja Tojo, Raja Una Una dan Raja Bungku.
These six kingdoms were under the influence of three kingdoms, namely:
* Southern Region is subject to the Luwu Kingdom based in Palopo,
* Northern Territory subject under the influence of King Sigi based in Sigi (District of Donggala District),
* Eastern Region, namely Bungku area including the archipelagic territories subject to King Ternate.
Since 1880 the Dutch East Indies government in Northern Sulawesi began to dominate Central Sulawesi and gradually sought to free the influence of King Luwu and King Sigi in the Poso region.
The Dutch Government of Poso region in the years 1905 – 1918 divided into two powers of the government, partly into the territory of Manado Residency, namely Onderafdeling (kewedanan) Kolonodale and Bungku, while the position of kings and territories maintained with the name Self Selfure-Gabieden (region kingdom).
Sulawesi 19th century
List of kings (Makole)
c.1580 Mori state founded.
* 1670 – 1730: Anamba Marundoh V
* 1730 – …….: Marundoh VI (Sungkawawo II?)
* ……. – …….: Mohi Marunduh VII
* ……. – …….: Ngarindi Marunduh VIII
* ……. – 1840: Lawolio Marunduh IX
* 1840 – 1870: Makole Tosaleko Marunduh X
* 1870 – 17 Aug 1907: Makole Datu ri Tana Marunduh XI (d. 1907)
* 1907 – 1928: Kamasi Ede Marunduh XII
* 1928 – 1942: Owolu Marunduh XIII (1st time) (b. 1875 – d. 1950)
* 1942 – 1945: Besau Marunduh XIV
* 1945 – 1949: Owolu Marunduh XIII (2nd time)
* 1949 – 1950: Pirau Marunduh (acting)
* 1950 – 1957: Mainda Rumampuo Marunduh XV
Foto of the palace: link
– History of Mori: link
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Mori di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Mori: https://morowaliindah.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/kerajaan-mori/
– Sejarah kerajaan Mori: http://www.bimbie.com/sejarah-kerajaan-mori.htm
– Asal mula berdirinya kerajaan Mori: http://ceritarakyatnusantara.com/id/folklore/275-asal-mula-berdirinya-kerajaan-mori#
– Daftar raja Mori: http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Indonesia_princely_states2.html
– Tentang istana: https://springocean83.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/istana-istana-kerajaan-di-indonesia-yang-masih-ada-di-pulau-sulawesi/
– About the raja (2008): link