The Kingdom of Padang (Tebing Tinggi) was located on Sumatera, City of Tebing Tinggi. Prov. North Sumatera. 17th Century.
City of Tebing Tinggi
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
KINGDOM OF PADANG TEBING TINGGI
About the king
Present Dynasty-chief: Tengku Nurdinsyah al-hajj gelar Tengku Maharaja Bongsu (2004 – ….).
History of the kingdom of Padang Tebing Tinggi, 17th century
A Dutch military figure, politician and author, wrote in his agenda, that ‘The Kingdom of Padang in East Sumatra was a Malay kingdom, that became a colony of Deli. Maharaja and Malay-speaking people of coastal and cultured Malay are so original “. He also wrote “The people are friendly and good at dancing Malay accompanied by melayu songs and classy Malay food treats with a mixture of coconut milk”.
Tuanku Umar Baginda Saleh (1630) had a son named Marah Ali Maluddin, who was converted in Kampung Perbatu in the land of Padang, his son named Marah Jana founded Tanjung Merawa – Senembah (his tomb in Kampung Batu Bedimbar). His grandchild from Marah Dewa, named Datuk Raja Paterum, Johan Pahlawan (Raja Tanjung Merawa), married the daughter of Senembah in Sei Bahasa, 1723, at the beginning of Serdang.
He had four sons, two of whom each moved to Sunggal and Sicanggang Langkat, another named Datuk Tharib (Kampong Baru – Serdang), another was Datuk Marah Hullah (Datuk Tanjung Merawa).
Although the age of the Kingdom of Padang in Tebing Tinggi older than Serdang Sultanate, until 1854 Padang and Bedagai had become a land of Serdang. On October 6, 1865, the Riau resident, E Netscher on behalf of the Governor, issued a deed to determine the Deli conquered areas of Padang (High Cliff), Bedagai, Denai and Percut.
In the time of Sultan Deli, Tuanku Ma’mun Al-Rashid Perkasa Alam Shah, he declared on October 9, 1907, that Bandar Khalifah belonging to the Kingdom of Padang in Tebing Tinggi as the Official Port of the Kingdom of Padang, is also called the official Port of Deli Sultanate, besides Belawan and Tanjung Banyan.
Tengku Sortiabin Tengku Jamta Melayu bin Marah Titim, grandchild of king the 7th
List of kings
- Tuanku Umar Baginda Saleh
(+/- 1630 – 1640)
- Marah Sudin
- Raja Saladin
- Raja Adam
- Raja Syahdewa
- Raja Sidin
- Raja Jamta Melayu
Raja Tebing Pangeran (1806-1853)
- Marah Hakum with the title Raja Geraha (1853-1870)
- Tengku Haji Muhammad Nurdin with the title Maharaja Muda Wazir Negeri
Padang (1870-1914). Pemangku: Tengku Abdurrahman (Berahman), with the Deli expansion in a direct government that represents the deputy Deli: Tengku Sulaiman (1885-1888). Tengku Ibrahim dan Tengku Djalaluddin – Tengku Temenggung Deli (Pemangku 1914-1926).
- Tengku Alamsyah with the title Tengku Maharaja Bongsu (1926-1931).
- Tengku Ismail (1931-1933).
- Tengku Hassim (Tengku Hassim born 29 Januari 1902 in Bandar Sakti, ruled 1933-1946)
- Tengku Izhanolsyah (died 1982)
- Tengku Nurdinsyah al-hajj with the title Tengku Maharaja Bongsu (2004 – …
* Foto palace of Padang: link
Source (only in indon. language)
– Website Kerajaan Padang Tebing Tinggi: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Padang: http://www.lontongkecap.com/2013/07/kerajaan-negeri-padang-dan-tebing-tinggi.html
– Sejarah Kota Tebing Tinggi di Wiki: link
– Sejarah Kerajaan Padang di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Padang: http://sumutpos.co/sejarah-berdirinya-kerajaan-padang-di-tebingtinggi/
– Sejarah berdirinya kerajaan Padang di Tebingtinggi: http://sumutpos.co/sejarah-berdirinya-kerajaan-padang-di-tebingtinggi/
– Daftar Raja di Wiki: link