The kingdom of Bunut was established in 1815. It was abolished by the Dutch in 1910. Located on Kalimantan, in the prov. of West Kalimantan, district of Kapuas Hulu.
District of Kapuas Hulu
* Foto kingdom of Nanga Bunut: link
Line of kingdoms on Kalimantan: link
Foto kingdoms on Kalimantan
Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan
– Video history kingdoms on Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – 2017: link
– Video history kingdoms on West Kalimantan, 45.000 BC – today: link
– Video history kingdoms on Central / South Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history kingdoms on East / North Kalimantan, 1AD – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Banjar: link
KINGDOM OF NANGA BUNUT
History of the Bunut kingdom, 1815-1910
The kingdom of Bunut was founded in 1815 by Abang. He founded the Nanga Bunut kingdom with the approval of King Selimbau.
The Bunut kingdom was controlled and placed under the Dutch Indies rule in 1909, the ruler of Bunut got the title Panembahan.
The Bunut kingdom was founded by three brothers, who came from Java (Jogjakarta), each of whom was determined to establish a prosperous country. So the three of them discussed to divide the area which would become their territory.
Gusti Muhammad Hasan was elected the new king 18-03-1885. The new king Gusti Muhammad Hasan with the title Pangeran Ratu Adi Paku Negara began to refuse to cooperate with the Dutch because they exiled / banished his father. The new king known as Abang Tana was born in 1860. The Dutch were very unhappy with his rule. The Dutch encouraged it in 1906, Gusti Muhammad Hasan was asked to abdicate as king. At that time the kingdom did not have a well-prepared successor to become king. Last king overthrown 01-01-1910.
Pangeran Ratu Adi Paku Negara Gusti Muhammad Hasan (Abang Tana) The last king of Bunut
List of Kings
1) 1815-1855: Panembahan Adi
2) 1855-1858: Panembahan Mangkunegara I
3) 1858-1876: Panembahan Mangkunegara II
4) 1876-1884: Mangkunegara III
5) 1884-1909: Panembahan Adi Pakunegara
Nagara Bunut under dutch controle in 1909.
Nr 2 from left: Pangeran Tana from kingdom Bunut, Nr 3 from left: Panembahan of the kingdom of Sintang. Foto 1930.
Maps of old Kalimantan (Borneo)
For old maps of Kalimantan (1570, 1572, 1594, 1601, 1602, 1740, 1747, 1760, 1835), click here.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Bunut: https://id.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Nanga_Bunut
– Sejarah kerajaan Bunut di Wiki: http://kerabatciwa.blogspot.co.id/2010/12/sejarah-kerajaan-bunut-senin-16-agustus.html
– Sejarah asal usul kerajaan Bunut: http://mabmonline.org/sejarah-asal-usul-nanga-bunut/
– Tentang kerajaan Bunut dan keturunan sekarang: http://www.pontianakpost.co.id/titisan-raja-abang-kini-pimpin-uncak-kapuas
– Daftar Raja: http://perjuanganislami.blogspot.co.id/2014/01/kerajaan-bunut.html
Facebook: Nanga Bunut di Facebook
Kingdoms on west Kalimantan 1800
Kingdoms on west Kalimantan 19th century and beginning 20th century