The Kingdom of Ilimandiri Larantuka: 1600 – 1904. Located on the island of Flores, district Flores Timur.
About the king
Present Raja (info 2018): Don Andre III Marthinus DVG.
– Sumber: link
Sept. 2013: The last Queen of Larantuka, Ratu Dona Martina Diaz Vieira Goidinho of Larantuka, died on 13 september 2013.
History of the kingdom of Larantuka
The Kingdom of Larantuka was a kingdom in present-day East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. It was the one of the few, if not the only, indigenous Roman Catholic polities in the territory of modern Indonesia. Acting as a tributary state of the Portuguese Crown, the Raja (King) of Larantuka controlled holdings on the islands of Flores, Solor, Adonara and Lembata. It was later purchased by Dutch East Indies from the Portuguese, prior to its annexation in 1904.
Despite losing its effective sovereignty after the annexation, the Kingdom’s royal family persisted as traditional figureheads prior to the final abolishment of the royal structure by republican authorities in 1962.
By 1515, there was trade between both Flores and Solor with the foreigners, and by 1520 a small Portuguese settlement has been constructed in Lifau, at Solor. The trade in sandalwood also attracted Chinese and Dutch along with nearer Makassarese, creating competition. The Makassarese attacked and captured Larantuka in 1541 to extend their control over the sandalwood trade and in 1613, the Dutch destroyed the Portuguese base at Solor before establishing themselves at modern Kupang.
On 14 September 1887 a new Raja Don Lorenzo Diaz Vieria Godinho ascended to the throne as Lorenzo II, who was educated by Jesuit priests. Showing clear traits of independence, he attempted to extract taxes from territories belonging to a nearby Raja of Sikka, led groups of men to intervene in local conflicts, and refused to conduct sacrifices in the manner his predecessors did for the non-Catholic natives. Eventually, colonial authorities responded by deposing and exiling him to Java on 1904, where he died six years later.
The first Raja to be baptized was Ola Adobala who was brought up under Portuguese education.
– For more: history of Larantuka: Wiki
Kingdoms on Flores, 17/18th century, incl. Larantuka
List of kings
- Putri Ile Jadi,Putri Watowele (married with Raja Pati Golo Arkyan)
- Raja Padu Ile
- Raja Sira Demong Pagamolang
- Raja Mau Boli
- Raja Sira Paing
- Raja Sira Lanang
- Raja Sira Napang
- Raja Igo
- Raja Adu Wuring
- Raja Ado Bala
- Raja Ola Ado Bala (tahun 1645 baptized as Katolik with the name Don Fransisco Diaz Viera de Godinho/DVG)
- Don Gaspar I DVG (original name: Raja Patih Goloh)
- Don Manuel DVG (original name: Raja Kuaka Douwo Ama.Because he was still young, he was represented by Don Contantino Blanterang de Rosari, original name Raja Kone)
- Don Andre I DVG (original name Raja Pandai I)
- Don Laurenso I DVG
- Don Andre DVG II
- Don Gaspar II
- 1877-1887: Don Dominggo DVG (Raja Ence).
- 1887-1904: Don Lorenzo II DVG Raja Usi Neno. He was captured bij holland and exiled to Yogyakarta. He died 1910 in Yogya
- 1905-1906: Deputy Raja Luis Blantarang de Rosary.
- 1906-1912: Triumvirat consisting of:
– Payong Blanterang de Rosar
– Emanuel Monteiro
– Yohanes Blanterang de Rosari
23. 1937-1962: Don Lorenzo III DVG (Raja Nua Usi. He was the last king of Larantuka).
– Sumber / Source: http://nuhawaibalun.blogspot.co.id/2013/09/raja-raja-larantuka.html
The palace of the king of Larantuka was built in 1887 by king Don Lorenso DVG, who ruled 1887-1910.
– Sumber: cendananews.com
* Foto palace: link
Source Larantuka (english)
– History of Larantuka: Wiki
Source Larantuka (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Larantuka di Wiki: link
– Sejarah kerajaan Larantuka: http://lothreesdvg.blogspot.co.id/
– Sejarah kerajaan Larantuka: http://tatoe-zoom.blogspot.co.id/2011/01/sejarah-keraajaan-larantuka.html
– Daftar raja Larantuka: http://nuhawaibalun.blogspot.co.id/2013/09/raja-raja-larantuka.html
– Tentang raja sekarang: http://www.jpnn.com/read/2013/03/28/164831/Pilih-Tinggal-di-Rumah-Kayu-Bikinan-Para-Tahanan-
– Ratu Larantuka meninggal sept. 2013: http://kerajaan-indonesia.blogspot.co.id/2013_09_22_archive.html
– Istana Larantuka: http://ansel-boto.blogspot.co.id/2010/04/sa.html
– Interview sama Raja Larantuka (2015): http://floresbangkit.com/2015/04/klerus-tak-boleh-terlalu-jauh-mencampuri-devosi/\
Source history Flores (only indon. language)
– Sejarah pulau Flores: http://pulau-flores.blogspot.co.id/2011/11/sejarah-pulau-flores.html
– Sejarah dan kebudayaan Suku Flores: http://dunia-kesenian.blogspot.co.id/2016/01/sejarah-dan-kebudayaan-suku-flores-ntt.html
– Sejarah Flores memeluk Katolik: https://m.tempo.co/read/news/2015/11/21/204720937/wisata-pantai-sejarah-flores-memeluk-katolik
– Asal usul pulau Flores: http://desiran.blogspot.co.id/2014/01/asal-usul-pulau-flores.html
– Masyarakat Flores: http://florestrawang-letare.blogspot.co.id/