The kingdom of Turikale was a kingdom on Sulawesi, in the Maros region, south Sulawesi.
* Foto old Sulawesi, tribes on Sulawesi and ancient sites: link
History of the kingdom
At the end of the 17th century in Maros and the surrounding area there had been established around 8 autonomous kingdoms. These were the kingdoms of:
* Kingdom of Simbang,
* Kingdom of Bontoa,
* Kingdom of Lau,
* Kingdom of Turikale,
* Kingdom of Tanralli,
* Kingdom of Marusu.
Turikale region was originally inhabited by only a handful of people; their way of life was not settled. The terrain was still the forests and rice fields. Maros river was crossing in the middle. After Karaeng LOE ri Marusu (King Maros III) moved to the center of the kingdom from Pakere to Marusu, the people of Pakere and several surrounding villages with many residents, began to move closer to the center of the new kingdom and founded new villages and settlements.
The son of Barasa Karaengta, named Muhammad Yunus Daeng Pasabbi (Kare Yunusu), was sent by his father to follow the Islamic Higher Education in Bontoala. During his studies he became acquainted with one of the sons of King Tallo (I Mappau’rangi Karaeng Boddia) called I Mappibare Daeng Mangiri.
Peta Sulawesi Selatan (incl. Maros) tahun 1909
2) 1831-1859: Muhammad Yunus Daeng Mumang
3) 1859-1872: La Oemma Daeng Manrapi
4) 1872-1882: I Sanrima Daeng Parukka
5) 1882-1917: I Palaguna Daeng Marowa
6) 1917-1946: Andi Abdul Hamid Daeng Manessa
7) 1946-1959: Haji Andi Mapparessa Daeng Sitaba
8) 1959-1963: Andi Kamaruddin Syahban Daeng Mamban
History of the kingdoms in the Maros region.
The Bungaya 1667/1669 Agreement between Sultan Hasanuddin Raja Gowa XVI and Admiral Cornelis Spelman turned out to have a major impact not only for the Kingdom of Gowa as an aggrieved party but also to bias the influence to other kingdoms including the kingdom around Gowa including Maros.
In the Bungaya Agreement (1667), Maros was designated as having direct rule from the Dutch so that the forms of government of the kingdoms in Maros were formulated in the form of Regentschaap led by local rulers of the Regent (Regent).
Around the XVII century in Maros Region and its surroundings were about 8 independent kingdoms. The kingdoms were:
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
– Sejarah kerajaan Turikale 1: http://vhazollee.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/kerajaan-turikale-bagian-i.html
– Daftar raja Turikale: http://vhazollee.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/kerajaan-turikale-bagian-ii.html
– Penjelasan raja Turikale: http://vhazollee.blogspot.co.id/2012/02/sejarah-singkat-pemerintahan-turikale.html
– Sejarah kerajaan di Maros: http://sokpintarsoktahu.blogspot.co.id/2014/09/sejarah-kabupaten-maros.html
– Sejarah kerajaan di Maros: http://vhazollee.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/kerajaan-kerajaan-di-maros-bagian-i.html