* Foto archipelago Talaud: link
History of the kingdom of Beo
Until 1808 the village of Beo was named “Tanjung Bangku”, located in the middle of the mouth of the Marat and Taloara rivers. In 1817 the Dutch East Indies established its territory with the administrative center at “Tanjung Bangku”.
The Netherlands called the area “Beo”. Beo was the center of North Talaud’s government. While Lirung became the center of South Talaud government.
King Julius Sario Tamawiwy, who was based in Beo, instructed the community (ruang’nu), who were settled in Bantik, Masing, Malabut, Urune, and others around Beo to leave because of a plague, to settle in the village of Beo, which today is called Marumun. Beo became the center of government, and the population increased.
The kapitan laut of Beo-Talaud 1926
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah Beo: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beo_Barat,_Beo,_Kepulauan_Talaud
– Sejarah Beo: https://talaudnews.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/sejarah-beo-lahir-dari-sebuah-nama-yaitu-sassanggelo-yang-artinya-minyak-pelicin-rambut/
Old maps of the islands of Sangihe (Sangir), Talaud and Tagulandang
Sangihe (Sangir), Talaud and Tagulandang in Sulawesi Utara, 1700.
Sangihe (Sangir) and Talaud, 1724
Sangihe (Sangir), Talaud and Tagulandang, 1894