The kingdom of Kalingga, 6 – 7 th century, located on central Jawa.
* Foto old Jawa, ancient sites and Batavia (Jakarta): link
History of the kingdom
The Chinese sources come from China and date back to the Tang Dynasty. According to the Chinese Buddhist monk Yijing, in 664 a Chinese Buddhist monk named Huining (會寧 Huìníng) had arrived in Heling and stayed there for about three years. During his stay, and with the assistance of Jnanabhadra, a Heling monk, he translated numerous Buddhist Hinayana scriptures.
In 674 the kingdom was ruled by Queen Shima, notorious for her fierce law against thievery, which encouraged her people to be honest and uphold absolute truth. According to tradition, one day a foreign king placed a bag filled with gold on the intersection in Kalingga to test the famed truthful and honesty of Kalingga people. Nobody dared to touch the bag that did not belong to them, until three years later when Shima’s son, the crown prince, accidentally touched the bag with his foot. The queen issued a death sentence to her own son, but was over-ruled by a minister that appealed the queen to spare the prince’s life. Since it was the prince’s foot that touched the bag of gold, so it was the foot that must be punished through mutilation. According to Carita Parahyangan, a book composed in later period, Shima’s great-grandson wasSanjaya, who was the king of Sunda Kingdom and Galuh Kingdom, and also the founder of Medang Kingdom.
Between 742 and 755, the kingdom had moved further east from the Dieng Plateau, perhaps in response to the Buddhist Sailendras.
Location kingdom of Kalingga
List of kings
* 648-674: Kartikeyasingha
* 674-732: Maharani Shima
* 770 (?)-792 (?): Rakai Panangkaran
– Sumber: Wiki
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Kalingga di Wiki: https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerajaan_Kalingga
– Sejarah kerajaan Kalingga: http://www.wacananusantara.org/kerajaan-kalingga/
– Sejarah kerajaan Kalingga: http://sorayadwikartika.blogspot.co.id/2013/09/kerajaan-kalingga.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Kalingga: http://www.portalsejarah.com/sejarah-kerajaan-kalingga-kerajaan-hindu-budha-pertama-di-jawa-tengah.html
– Peninggalan dari kerajaan Kalingga: http://pengayaan.com/peninggalan-dari-kerajaan-kalingga/
– Daftar raja: Wiki