The kingdom of Kalingga, 6 – 7 th century, located on prov. central Jawa.
Kalingga or Ho-ling (Chinese sources) is a Hindu-style kingdom that emerged in Central Java around the 6th century.
prov. central Jawa
Line of kingdoms on Jawa: link
Foto kingdoms on Jawa
* Foto sultans and raja’s, still on Jawa link
* Foto keratons (palaces) still on Jawa: link
* Foto Batavia (Jakarta) in the past: link
* Foto Jawa in the past: link
* Attack on Batavia by Sultan Agung, 1628/1628: link
* Foto Diponegoro war, 1825: link
* Foto old sites on Jawa: link
Video history kingdoms on Jawa
– Video rulers of the sultanate of Mataram, 1556 – 2020: link
– Video history of the sultanate of Mataram, 1576-2020: link
– Video history of the kingdom of Medang Mataram Hindu, 752 – 1045: link
– Video history of the kingdom of Majapahit, 1293 – 1527: link
– Video rulers of Majapahit until the sultanate of Mataram, 1293 – 1587: link
– Video history of kingdoms on East Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
– Video history of kingdoms on West Jawa, 3000 BC – 2020: link
– Video history of kingdoms on Central Jawa, 1.5 million BC – 2020: link
KINGDOM OF KALINGGA
History of the kingdom of Kalingga, 6-7th century
The Chinese sources come from China and date back to the Tang Dynasty. According to the Chinese Buddhist monk Yijing, in 664 a Chinese Buddhist monk named Huining (會寧 Huìníng) had arrived in Heling and stayed there for about three years. During his stay, and with the assistance of Jnanabhadra, a Heling monk, he translated numerous Buddhist Hinayana scriptures.
In 674 the kingdom was ruled by Queen Shima, notorious for her fierce law against thievery, which encouraged her people to be honest and uphold absolute truth. According to tradition, one day a foreign king placed a bag filled with gold on the intersection in Kalingga to test the famed truthful and honesty of Kalingga people. Nobody dared to touch the bag that did not belong to them, until three years later when Shima’s son, the crown prince, accidentally touched the bag with his foot. The queen issued a death sentence to her own son, but was over-ruled by a minister that appealed the queen to spare the prince’s life. Since it was the prince’s foot that touched the bag of gold, so it was the foot that must be punished through mutilation. According to Carita Parahyangan, a book composed in later period, Shima’s great-grandson wasSanjaya, who was the king of Sunda Kingdom and Galuh Kingdom, and also the founder of Medang Kingdom.
Between 742 and 755, the kingdom had moved further east from the Dieng Plateau, perhaps in response to the Buddhist Sailendras.
Location kingdom of Kalingga
List of kings
* 648-674: Kartikeyasingha
* 674-732: Maharani Shima
* 770 (?)-792 (?): Rakai Panangkaran
– Sumber: Wiki
Remains of the kingdom of Kalingga
Bubrah Temple is a relic of the Kalingga kingdom. This temple is located in kec. Combat, district. Jepara, in the village of Tempur. Bubrah temple can also be said to be a gate, namely the gate to the Wind temple, of course with a distance of about 500 meters.
According to researchers, Candi Angin is a legacy of the Kalingga kingdom, it is older than Borobudur Temple.