The Kingdom of Batulolong is located on the island of Alor, province of Nusa Tenggara Timor. District of Alor.
Location of the island of Alor
Location of the island of Alor
– Video history kingdoms on Nusa Tenggara Timur: link
About the king
History of the kingdom of Batulolong
Alor Island located on the North of Timor Island was in the past divided into several small kingdoms, one of them is Batulolong Kingdom in South Alor. The traces of the remains of Batulolong are still present in the village of Kiraman in the form of old royal sites and heritage items.
According to the tradition the first ruler, or Lord Batulolong, came from East-Timor: Kepanu Kani. This king, born in 1928, was the younger brother of the last ruling king Batulolong by the name of King Lourens Karimalei, who was the 14th ruler of Batulolong, 1947-1962.
He died in 1996.
The kings largely started as beach-kings / rulers, who came from other islands and tried to make cooperation with the inland people.
List of kings
1) Names of the kings before colonialism:
- Raja Karlaukep
- Raja Maleikari I
- Raja Awenlo
- Raja Awengkari I
- Raja Losa
- Raja Asakamen
- Raja Laubana
- Raja Maleikari II
- Raja Lauika
- Raja Karlau
- Raja Laubaki
- Raja Kamusawen I
- Raja Karimalei
- Raja Sarata
- Raja Makunimau
- Raja Laukosi
The sixteen kings including the king of Karlaukep were adat (traditional) kings before the colonial period. These kings each made the rules according to their customary and cultural development (caraprimitif).
2) List of kings in the 20th century
* Kepanu Kani; 1st Lord of B. From Loehuwehha/E-Timor. Founder of kampong Kiraman.The capital of kerajaan Batulolong (Batulolong princuipality).
* Karamalei Gabapa/Bapada-10 th Lord; ruled mid 19th century-1897.
* Chasper alais Kamusang Karimalei alaias Kamusi Kamusiweng.Son; until abdication 12-6-1914.
* Alfonsius Fredrik Awengkari; son of brother; abd. 1st half of 1937; born ca. 1871; alias Risi Bera.
* Wilhelmus Awengkari; son;born ca. 1909; abdicated 11-8-1943; died 1943. In 1938 already sick; wakil(representative raja)then: Kapitan Laubea. After abdication a certain Malekari was temporary-raja.Born ca. 1918,died 1998.B 1927.
* Lourens Karimalei. 1947-62; died 1996; son of br. of Raja Chasper.
* Constantijn Karimalei; brother; born 1928.
– Source: D.P.Tick: https://batulolong.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/batulolongku/
Kingdoms on the island of Alor
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Batulolong: http://jonlambai.blogspot.co.id/2010/11/ringkasan-sejarah-perjalanan-raja.html
– Injil masuk kerajaan Batulolong (2009): http://www.kompasiana.com/john.lambai.com/injil-masuk-kerajaan-batulolong-alor-ntt_55005c09a33311a872510cd6
– Daftar raja Batulolong sebelum penjajahan: http://jonlambai.blogspot.co.id/2010/11/ringkasan-sejarah-perjalanan-raja.html
– Daftar raja Batulolong abad ke-20, oleh D.P.Tick: https://batulolong.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/batulolongku/
– Tentang raja Batulolong (2008): http://indonesianrecretion.blogspot.co.id/2008/09/raja-constantijn-karimalei-of.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor di Wiki: link
– Alor duludan sekarang: http://alor-kenari.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/alor-dulu-dan-sekarang.html
– Sejarah Suku Alor: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.nl/2014/08/sejarah-suku-alor-di-nusa-tenggara.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor: http://posalor.blogspot.co.id/2014/02/sejarah-pulau-alor.html
– Masuknya Islam di Alor: http://bz69elzam.blogspot.nl/2008/08/sekilas-sejarah-masuknya-islam-di-alor.html