The Haturosan Sultanate (Pasaribu dynasty), 13-16 centuries, was a kingdom in Barus Hilir, or the western part of the Batak Land, Kab. Central Tapanuli, West Sumatra province.
In 1524, the area of the Barus sultanate was controlled by kings of two dynasties, namely:
* Barus Hulu, Pardosi dynasty from Toba.
* Barus Hilir, Hatorusan Dynasty from Tarusan, Minangkabau, descended from King of Pagaruyung.
District Tapanuli Tengah
Line history kingdoms on Sumatera: link
Foto kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
Video history of the kingdoms / sultanates on Sumatera
KINGDOM OF HATORUSAN (DYNASTY PASARIBU)
History of the kingdom of Hatorusan (Barus Hilir) (dynasty Pasaribu)
In 1524, the Barus sultanate was controlled by kings from two dynasties, namely:
* Barus Hulu, Dynasty Pardosi originating from Toba.
* Barus Hilir, Hatorusan Dynasty who came from Tarusan, Minangkabau, descended from King Pagaruyung.
The Hatorusan Dynasty was founded by King Uti, son of Tateabulan. When the Sorimangaraja Dynasty ended in the southern part of Batak land (Tapse), then this Hatorusan Dinati ended in Barus, or western Batak land.
The history of the regeneration of Raja Uti, starting from 1000 years BC until one of his descendants who was entitled King Uti VII in the 1500s, is not documented in a clear calendar. But in general, he had several offspring, whose name were known. However, it is possible that between one name and another, they were hundreds of years apart. Because the Hatorusan kingdom was disappeared and reappeared again.
- Datu Pejel the title of Raja Uti II
- Ratu Pejel III
- Borsak Maruhum.
- King Uti V has the title Datu Alung Aji
- King Uti VI named Longgam Parmunsaki.
- King Uti VII was named Datu Mambang Above.
During the reign of King Uti VII, 16th century, royal rule became weak. The expansion of the kingdom had expanded to several areas in Aceh. Raja Uti VII was said to have moved the capital of the kingdom to its territory in the north which now enters the coast of Aceh.
The King VII had several commanders including a very tough commander who also happened to be his own nephew. The son of a sister, Boru Pasaribu. His name was Mahkuta alias Mahkota which is known among the Batak as Manghuntal the son of a father from the Sinambela clan from the center of Batak. He was educated at the royal court and became the Commander, who controlled the the Army and the Sea.
When the Portuguese first attacked the area, Panglima Mahkuta led his army and won the battle. Apart from being attacked from outside, the kingdom also got rebellions in the country.
Mahkuta was ordered to put down the rebellion in the center of the Batak. In an effort to crush the rebels, the royal capital saw coups and power struggles. Kingdoms split into small kingdoms. Mahkuta alias Manghuntal founded the Sinambela Dynasty (Sisingamangaraja) in Bakkara.
Meanwhile, the Pasaribu community in Barus, descendants of Raja Uti, continued the hegemony of the Pasaribu dynasty with the installation of Sultan Ibrahimsyah Pasaribu to Sultan in Barus Hilir. There is a historical opinion which says that Sultan Ibrahimsyah Pasaribu was the one who gave the power to Manghuntal, Mahkuta, to establish his kingdom in Bakkara. Thus he was the one who had the title of King Uti VII (?).
List of kings of the Hatorus dynasty
1. Sultan Ibrahimsyah Pasaribu (titled Raja Hatorusan). Died 1610.
2. Sultan Yusuf Pasaribu
3. Sultan Adil Pasaribu
4. Tuanku Sultan Pasaribu
5. Sultan Raja Kecil Pasaribu
6. Sultan Emas Pasaribu
7. Sultan Kesyari Pasaribu
8. Sultan Main Alam Pasaribu
9. Sultan Perhimpunan Pasaribu
10. Sultan Marah Laut bin Sultan Main Alam Pasaribu on 17th of June 1872 rewrote the History of Tuanku Bodies (Tambo Barus Hilir) which recounts the genealogy of the Hatorusan kingdom in Barus, from an ancient manuscript whose relics are almost obsolete.
The 4 Batak dynasty’s
Source Bakkara (english)
– History of the Dynasty’s in the region of Bakkara: http://landofbakara.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/three-dynasty-kingdom-of-old-batak-in.html
Source Hatorusan (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Hatorusan: http://togadebataraja.blogspot.co.id/2011/06/dinasti-pasaribu-hatorusan.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Hatorusan: forum.detik.com/showpost.php?p=7659047&postcount=159http://togadebataraja.blogspot.co.id/2011/06/dinasti-pasaribu-hatorusan.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Hatorusan: http://haposanbakara.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/tiga-dinasti-kerajaan-di-tanah-batak.html
– Sejarah kerajaan Hatorusan: http://pagarandolok.blogspot.co.id/2009/04/sejarah-kerajaan-hatorusan.html
– Daftar Raja, Dinasti Pasaribu (Hatorusan): http://forum.detik.com/showpost.php?p=7659047&postcount=159
Source Bakkara (only indon. language)
– Sejarah negeri Bakkara: http://haposanbakara.blogspot.co.id/2012/06/tiga-dinasti-kerajaan-di-tanah-batak.html
– Sejarah negeri Bakkara: https://protapanuli.wordpress.com/2008/07/19/bakkara/
– Sejarah negeri Bakkara: http://humbahas.blogspot.co.id/2006/08/dinasti-dinasti-batak.html