History of the kingdom
Puang Tamboro Langi ‘was the founder and also the first king of Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan (Tana Toraja). According to the saga, he descended from the sky at the peak of Mount Kandora in District Mengkendek, Tana Toraja in the mid-4th century AD
Puang Tamboro Langi ‘was the first king of Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan and the ancestor of kings in the Kingdom of Lepongan Bulan (Tana Toraja) in particular and the first Tallu Bocco Kingdom (Toraja, Luwu and Gowa) in general.
Puang Tomatasak XIV in Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan is the last king.
After the three grandchildren of Puang Bullu Matua had grown up, he divided the kingdom of Lepongan Bulan into three Kingdoms called Basse Tallu Lembangna namely Makale, Sangalla ‘and Mengkendek.
Although these three kingdoms were in full control and govern their respective territories called Puang Basse Kakanna Makale, Puang basse Tanganna Sangalla’ and Puang Basse Adinna Mengkendek, however symbolically there was still Tomatasak Kalindobulanan Puang Lepongan Bulan, who historically had always been held by Puang Basse Tanganna Sangalla ‘for 13 periods ranging from Puang Palodang to Puang Laso’Rinding (Puang Sangalla’). One of the reasons was because Tongkonan Layuk Kaero which is the Central (Keraton / Istana) Lepongan Bulan built by Puang Patta La Bantan was in Sangalla ‘area.
Map of Toraja today (incl. Sangalla)
List of kings
1. Puang Tamboro Langi. With the title Puang Tomatasak the first king of Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan.
2. A. Puang Papai Langi’ replaced his father as Puang Tomatasak II.
3. Puang Payak Allo as Puang Tomatasak III.
4. PuangPatta La Bantan anak darichild of Puang Lakipadada, came back from Gowa and was installed as Puang Tomatasak IV.
5. Puang Timban Boro. Replaced his father Puang Patta La Bantan as Puang tomatasak V.
6. Puang Kapu’ Boro. Replaced his father Puang Puang Timban Boro as Puang tomatasak VI.
7. Puang Tangmarakia. Replaced his father Puang Kapu’ Boro as Puang tomatasak VII.
8. Puang Paseno langi’. Replaced his father Puang Tangmarakia as Puang tomatasak VIII.
9. Puang Tanggulungan. Replaced his father Paseno langi’ as Puang tomatasak IX.
10. Puang Sampa Raya. Replaced his father Puang Tanggulungan as Puang tomatasak X.
11. Puang Galugu. Replaced his father Puang Sampa Raya as Puang tomatasak XI.
12. Puang Pabuaran Dolo. Replaced his father Puang Galugu as Puang tomatasak XII.
13. Puang Raya Sampin. Replaced his father Puang Pabuaran Dolo as Puang tomatasak XIII.
14. Puang Bullu Matua. In the second civil war in Kalindobulanan they were won by Puang Bullu Matua and appointed to be Puang Tomatasak XIV in Kalindobulanan Lepongan Bulan.
After the three grandchildren of Bullu Matua had grown up, he divided the Kingdom of Lepongan Bulan into three Kingdoms on an oath foundation called Basse Tallu Lembangna namely Makale.Sangalla ‘and Mengkendek.
Source (only indon. language)
– Sejarah kerajaan Lepongan Bulan: https://manukallodanga.wordpress.com/2011/07/31/raja-raja-toraja/
– Sejarah kerajaan Lepongan Bulan: http://solata-sejarahbudaya.blogspot.nl/2015/11/wilayah-negeri-tondok-lepongan-bulan.html