The kingdom of Mataru is located on Alor Island, province of Nusa Tenggara Timur.
This kingdom was incorporated by the Dutch in 1932 into a larger empire.
* Foto kingdoms on Alor: link
History of the kingdom
History records that Portuguese rule in Alor was limited to raising the Portuguese flag on some coastal areas. For example, in Kui, Mataru, Batulolong, Kolana, and Blagar. Similarly, the early Dutch occupied Alor, confined to the recognition of the rulers, who were on the coast as kings and on the placement of a Posthouder in Little Alor, who was impaled right at the gate of Kabola in 1861.
In about 1910-1916, the Dutch were much challenged by the people of Alor-Pantar. The famous kingdoms that no less dazzle the Netherlands such as the Kingdom of Bungabali, Kingdom of Kui, Kingdom of Kolana, Pureman Kingdom, Mataru Kingdom, Batulolong Kingdom, Baranusa Kingdom, Empire Kingdom, and Blagar Kingdom. However, the Dutch with their policy of devide et impera and Korte Verklaring (Short Treatise) managed to conquer the kings.
Kingdoms on the island of Alor
NB: kerajaan = kingdom
History of the island of Alor
More than 15 different indigenous languages are spoken on Alor, the majority of them classified as Papuan or non-Austronesian. These include Abui, Adang, Hamap, Kabola, Kafoa, Woisika, Kelon, and Kui. In addition, Alorese is a Malayo-Polynesian language.
Source (only in indon. language)
– Tentang Suku Abui: http://protomalayans.blogspot.co.id/2012/11/suku-abui-nusa-tenggara-timur.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor di Wiki: link
– Alor dulu dan sekarang: http://alor-kenari.blogspot.co.id/2012/01/alor-dulu-dan-sekarang.html
– Tentang Suku Alor: http://suku-dunia.blogspot.nl/2014/08/sejarah-suku-alor-di-nusa-tenggara.html
– Sejarah pulau Alor: http://posalor.blogspot.co.id/2014/02/sejarah-pulau-alor.html
– Masuknya Islam di Alor: http://bz69elzam.blogspot.nl/2008/08/sekilas-sejarah-masuknya-islam-di-alor.html